the other side

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

Re: the other side

by DanSE4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Lol. Yeah, I expected this but I'm here more as a point that the .com admin team ain't actually a bad bunch. Apologies, haven't tried using the "quote system" here yet so I'll have to go like this for now.

Robbie. You right, there was a "question" that did seem to be either evaded or ignored. However, the persistance by Steve in having this question answered ultimately resulted in the BAC topic being started & IMO, provoked things further. Hopefully you read my topic regarding the treatment of new members in the senior lounge & therefore should know I'm opposed to unjustified abuse towards them.

Taz. No, BAC received no warning. As I've mentioned previously, if this were between two long standing members (many of which we've become accustomed to throwing far more abusive insults at each other) it's unlikely that anyone would have been warned. More a case of "go to bed, get over it & we'll talk about something else tomorrow".

Steve, from what I can understand from the members & most of the Mods, you're not recognised as a long standing member (post count or not) & I for one would've viewed you as a new member. Should I have been present during that thread I'd likely have suggested that you drop it because the outcome was looking worse as the thread went on.

I'm gonna' go get a job with either Greenpeace or the UN now!
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 pm

so did both members get the same punishment?
tazz666

by DanSE4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Taz, I answered that to you direct in my second to last post.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

It should not make any difference if you are a long standing member or a newbie, Abusive behavior will not be tolerated as defined in your *topic* on .com which should have been read by all the .com mod team.

But it clearly shows that it is tolerated and allowed and puts .com in a bad light, Future potential new members will be put off by this attitude and go else where. The Calibra is getting old and new members are getting hard to find especially with the amount of *Vaux* forums out there.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

sorry you did answer, so the answer is no, well that is surely wrong, as both individuals were in the wrong so both should be given the same punishment,?
and im sorry if someone insulted my family i would most probably take the same action and threaten the person who insulted my family, put it this way if someone came up to you in the pub and insulted your family would you not retaliate?
both individuals are in the wrong both should recieve the same , no biased should be shown
tazz666

by DanSE4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:46 pm

tazz666 wrote:sorry you did answer, so the answer is no, well that is surely wrong, as both individuals were in the wrong so both should be given the same punishment,?

Ok, I put it you then.

A pathetic argument breaks out here between a long standing member (however controversial that member may be) that most other members have had a many conversations with & a "newbie" (or newbie in the fact that they are unrecognised as a long standing member by most) with insults & threats being thrown around (and home addresses, although incorrect being posted in public view).

Sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that the long standing member would receive the same treatment as the other who is being perceived as a gobby newbie.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 pm

DanSE4 wrote:
tazz666 wrote:sorry you did answer, so the answer is no, well that is surely wrong, as both individuals were in the wrong so both should be given the same punishment,?

Ok, I put it you then.

A pathetic argument breaks out here between a long standing member (however controversial that member may be) that most other members have had a many conversations with & a "newbie" (or newbie in the fact that they are unrecognised as a long standing member by most) with insults & threats being thrown around (and home addresses, although incorrect being posted in public view).

Sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that the long standing member would receive the same treatment as the other who is being perceived as a gobby newbie.

for one if that happend on this site the other members wouldn't have started spaming the thread about board games ect and if the long standing member said some of the things that BAC said the mods on here would have lock the thread and warned him, i know this for a fact as not so long ago i was warned be MR V and Mark1 for somthing i said to a newbie that only came on here to wind me up,
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Dan so it seems i can post abusive behavior and treat newbies as s**t or anybody else for that matter, because i'm a long standing member on .com (join around beginning of 2002) :?:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

v6 steve wrote:for one if that happend on this site the other members wouldn't have started spaming the thread about board games ect and if the long standing member said some of the things that BAC said the mods on here would have lock the thread and warned him, i know this for a fact as not so long ago i was warned be MR V and Mark1 for somthing i said to a newbie that only came on here to wind me up,

There is a massive difference between the sites, a quick nose around here confirms that to me.

Whether one is right or wrong is a matter of opinion. I personally found the "board games" etc assisted in turning a hostile thread into something a little more amusing but that is my opinion & don't expect everyone to agree.

As much as I share the Calibra as a common interest (mine ain't too bad!) I also enjoy the banter on .com. I've done my fair share of moderating due to newbies being given a hard time but I honestly think you went on too much when the SE2 & Turbo crap started. You'd have done far better just to ignore it & posted a good technical thread with plenty of pictures of your car.

By the way, does "blackcarbonadder" & Mrs Miggins mean anything to you! :wink:
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm

RobbieV wrote:Dan so it seems i can post abusive behavior and treat newbies as s**t or anybody else for that matter, because i'm a long standing member on .com (join around beginning of 2002) :?:

can i do it on here then Mr V :pray: :pray: :pray: please
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 pm

v6 steve wrote:
RobbieV wrote:Dan so it seems i can post abusive behavior and treat newbies as s**t or anybody else for that matter, because i'm a long standing member on .com (join around beginning of 2002) :?:

can i do it on here then Mr V :pray: :pray: :pray: please

Sorry no, its not tolerated here :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by calibra_16v » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:19 pm

just goes to show how pathetic and childish some of the people over there are, one simple question asked by steve leads to personal insults from BAC, its just pathetic

i agree with tazz, there were two people involed in this so they should both get the same treatment no matter what

my 2ps worth lol
calibra_16v

by v6 steve » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

DanSE4 wrote:
v6 steve wrote:for one if that happend on this site the other members wouldn't have started spaming the thread about board games ect and if the long standing member said some of the things that BAC said the mods on here would have lock the thread and warned him, i know this for a fact as not so long ago i was warned be MR V and Mark1 for somthing i said to a newbie that only came on here to wind me up,

There is a massive difference between the sites, a quick nose around here confirms that to me.

Whether one is right or wrong is a matter of opinion. I personally found the "board games" etc assisted in turning a hostile thread into something a little more amusing but that is my opinion & don't expect everyone to agree.

As much as I share the Calibra as a common interest (mine ain't too bad!) I also enjoy the banter on .com. I've done my fair share of moderating due to newbies being given a hard time but I honestly think you went on too much when the SE2 & Turbo crap started. You'd have done far better just to ignore it & posted a good technical thread with plenty of pictures of your car.

By the way, does "blackcarbonadder" & Mrs Miggins mean anything to you! :wink:

no, why should it
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by matty0785 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

sounds like another case of if your face doesnt fit on .com your not welcome and if you dont worship ash and some mods you aint welcome i was a member on there for some time and all beware your PM's on .com are NOT PRIVATE as i had a bust up with ash and my supossed private messages were used against me

this so called owners site and the attatude of the people on there were one of the main reasons i will never own another calibra as i dont wast assosiated with that kind of people no offence to present company

my remarks are not aimed at all just most on that site

in my opinion ashley hall and some of his mods are very sexist and also very anti scottish
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:30 pm

v6 steve wrote:
no, why should it

Just someone with a grudge against BAC being an idiot yesterday, no offence if it wasn't you but you we're the obvious suspect. Was a funny & pathetic attempt though!

I'm neither sexist, anti-Scottish or up Ash's arse! I happen to have a good laugh on .com but am also open minded & approachable enough to come here & start posting on this thread & I genuinly find the whole "other side" thing a bit pathetic (that's refering to both sides before anyone jumps on me for that).

Anyone wants to have a pop at a newbie (especially a Mod from .com) go for it & get it out of your systems, I can take it! :)
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext