My first and last Calibra now gone to new home.

For all general things Calibra related

My first and last Calibra now gone to new home.

by GreyDJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 pm

I joined the Calibra community back in 2002 when I bought a standard Flame Red Turbo to go with my Cavaliers. A decision I never regretted.

I added a second when I couldn't resist an LE that had hit a deer. An Ecotech died to save it.

I bit a guys arm off when he advertised a Cosmic Blue one with 330ft/lb torque (who wouldn't). That could really move, but I had to change the clutch when the engine went faster but I didn't. RS4 owners really didn't like it.

As I couldn't drive all three, I then sold the LE to Sean who also lives in MK and who tracked me down.

Then my partner wanted a road trip round Europe with air con so I bought an S3 (only newish car that size with that performance) and sold the blue one, with failed txb, to Sean again.

Now I have retired and my mileage has seriously dropped, I can't justify keeping five cars so I have sold the original red one to Sean again. He proved that pestering every couple of years works!

Whilst being almost invisible in the community I have tried to be a positive presence here. I am now withdrawing into Cavalier land where I am still VBOA rep for Mk2 Cav.

I have a few left over parts accumulated over the years, like a new Calibra Turbo boot badge, an excellent condition Vauxhall rubber red ringed floor mat to suit the txb'd floorpan, lights, mirrors, new aircon fan, brake stuff etc that I am going to be selling.

All the best to you folks.

Johnw@digitalsp.co.uk
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net