Replacement Fuel Lines

For all general things Calibra related

Replacement Fuel Lines

by OldManTricky » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:36 pm

I'm about to start restoring my 1995 16v Ecotec. I've had an initial assessment done by a mechanic friend. The first thing I want to do is just get it back on the road. For this it's going to need all the consumables replacing plus new fuel lines which I'm struggling to get. Has anyone else had this issue and had them made or know of some man in a shed who has some old new stock on a shelf?

Thanks

Pip C
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Replacement Fuel Lines

by Callyman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:44 pm

You need 8mm fuel pipe.
Easy enough to do yourself as not real tricky bends etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360388882470 ... Sws~pb5VqK
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

Re: Replacement Fuel Lines

by Phill » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Do an eBay search for this...... 5M 8mm x 5mm Polyurethane PU Hose Fuel Gas Air Pneumatic Tube Pipe Black.....
I used this. A couple of tips for you. Don't remove the clips holding the old lines up to the body, jut cut the old lines each side and slide the old ones out and the new ones in. The other tip is get some stainless steel 6mm pipe, enough to cut 4 lengths of about 5cm. It will fit in to the plastic and rubber fuel lines so you can use jubilee clips to clamp them together.
I cut the 2 fuel in/out rubber lines in the engine bay for the fuel rail and ran the new plastic lines to the fuel filter rubber pipe and the fuel return rubber pipe.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member