BMW

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

BMW

by v6 steve » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

OK i know you are all going to say that i shouldn't have bought a BMW then

On the way home from my brothers house on the 30th we ran in to a snow storm and had to drive at 20mph for most of the way home it took us about 2and 1/2 hour normally can do it in about an hour, we where going up a him not to steep but the DTC light was coming on as the back wheels where slipping the whole way up it, just as we got to the top a lot of the warning lights came on, ABS,DTC,BRAKE and Tyre pressure, there wasn't much i could do but keep going and get the wife and kids home.
The next morning 31st i phoned BMW they said to bring it in and they'll put it on the computer and reset every thing. About an hour sitting about there then the guy comes out and says that i need 4 new alloys and 1 tyre as the are cracked and miss shaped like 50p total cost £2000 +vat, He said that it is down to driver miss use (hitting potholes and speed bumps to quick) I told them that the wheels cant be fit for purpose as its the wife that drives it most of the time and is a good (slow) driver and it has never been off road so i want to clam my warranty as the car is only a year old last September. He said that they aren't covered as they are too badly damaged (out with there .3mm) i asked how they checked this and he said by eye (MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM) and the i would need to pay as they wont realise the car as it is unsafe to drive.
When i got home i phoned customer services and they said that there has been some reports on the 19" wheels with run-flat tyres but mine are 18" so they will look in to it
iv spent about 4 hours reading on loads of other forums about the same thing it seems its the run-flat tyres that don't give as well as normal tyres and this causes the alloys to crack
So ill need to wait till BMW opens gain to find out what they say but think there will be a day in court cause if I'm paying £2000 for alloys it wont be for the BMW
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: BMW

by Mark1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Steve you should not have got a BMW :twisted:, your not the first that I've herd of have this problem.

As for holding the car they can't do that unless you need to pay them any money for work that has been done.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by MJ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:30 pm

there are some evil speed bumps round your way but as you say you'd never expect all 4 wheels to be screwed on a 1 year old car, theres every possibility that 1 is 50 pence shaped but not 4 i'd demand a second opinion then if it really does come to it buy a set of aftermarket rims cheaper.
MJ

by tazz666 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:13 pm

steve watch dog had this on there tv programme about the bmw alloys how they are cracking.and bmw wasnt admitting that they had a problem with theyre alloys even though watchdog had independant tests done and they all came back saying that the wheels are not fit for use , it may be worth a look on theyre web site to see what the outcome was
tazz666

by v6 steve » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:19 pm

tazz666 wrote:steve watch dog had this on there tv programme about the bmw alloys how they are cracking.and bmw wasnt admitting that they had a problem with theyre alloys even though watchdog had independant tests done and they all came back saying that the wheels are not fit for use , it may be worth a look on theyre web site to see what the outcome was

yee cheers damo i have watched it already I cant see how they can get away with this.

Its not that they wont give me the car iv not pushed it but if its not safe im not letting jill and the boys in it till its done, They way the weather is up here im glad its safely tucked up in a garage an other 2" of snow today :banging:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by STEVA » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Holy s**t steve you should have bought a GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steva
Total Vauxhall Cover Car Autumn 2006
Performance Vauxhall Feature Car 2017
Calibra Turbo 4x4 CLIFF Edition :wink:

My Turbo
My Turbo Rebuild Thread
I will get my Calibra finished one day promise!!!! ITS FINISHED :mrgreen: !!!!!
Best in Show Club Calibra VBOA 2017
Chairman's Cup Winner VBOA 2017
steva@clubcalibra.net
Club Secretary
Club Secretary

by v6 steve » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:30 pm

im sure theres a set of steele 5 studs down next to the shed set of wheel trims and the old oil burner will look good as new :banging:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:31 pm

STEVA wrote:Holy s**t steve you should have bought a GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steva

that made me laugh cheers mate
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:55 pm

BMW got back to us and they are sticking to the not there problam line and it is driver error well things go from bad to worse Jills work have given her a hire car (from Avis) and she had to swerve to miss someone who was skidding and put the car into a bush, front wing and door are F****d, hire company said its ok we will just bill you for it
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm

your not having much luck the noo mate dont worry things will get better mate
tazz666

by MarkSE7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 pm

I guess you have those BMW 19" 5 spoke wheels? They are made by BBS. They should be the ones held responsible really.
MarkSE7

by MarkSE7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah, of course, and it's BMW's job to get the issue sorted at the root of the problem.
MarkSE7

by Fraz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm

think its more the run flat tyres rather than the wheels ...which are 18's on Steves BMW
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Got the car back to day they made me sign a note saying that i was aware that the wheels are dangerous, Took the car to a alloy wheel company 2hous later they asked for the BMW report as they cant find anything wroung with the front and the back are cracked but not 50p shaped. The guy said the front could do with being rebalanced (which he did) and the rears welded and balanced total cost not more than £100 for a futher £200 he will totaly refurb and powder coat them, so guess where ma car's booked into on Monday. He is also going to give me a wrighten report after the wheels and fixed
So i feel a wee trip back to see Mr services man at BMW coming on :punch:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 pm

i pity Mr Services man at BMW, get the feeling your going to rip him a new A then mate :D
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

Next