driving experiences packages?

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

driving experiences packages?

by michael tucker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:58 pm

These packages you can buy to drive lambos ferraris etc, Are they any good or are the cars restricted and the instructors wont let you go above 60mph?

Do you get the perception of speed at the open circuits or is just generally not worth it?

Just watching them at croft circuit on youtube and they dont seem to be going that fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEo9zMV5CU
michael tucker

Re: driving experiences packages?

by leeandjude » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

my friend did one, york i think, he drove mazda 6 first to get used to track then caterham etc...then it was a lambo. he said they let him hit the limiter too which is good! think he paid around £360 though which i thought was steep!
leeandjude

by James_Mould » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:47 pm

I did a Ferrari driving day last year at Rockingham. I had to do a simulator in a classroom first. I went out in a Scooby WRX to get used to the track and then out in a Ferrari 360. Once the instructor feels you are confident enough you can go as fast as you like. Although the 360 I was in was limited to 160mph but it was great fun. Cost my missus bout £130. I want to do a Lambo one next!! :D
Its big... Its BLUE... Its behind you
Magnetic blue SE8
Diamond black turbo 4x4
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by G4GAV » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 pm

iv aways want to do one of these days, been roun castle combe in my scooby on jap fest days and rally days. oh what fun they were ! 8)
G4GAV

by Russep00 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 pm

I did a classic car day a few years back at Mallory - mk2 jag, DB6, e-type etc. In my opinion much more interesting than driving a new supercar which has all the stabilising electronics - you had to DRIVE these cars!

I got a last minute deal which was only £99 insted of £350!!
1998 Calibra V6, 2001 Omega CDX Estate 2.6 V6, 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net