Don't forget

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

Don't forget

by bodgetastic » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:11 pm

New series of topgear starts tonight 8-)
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Don't forget

by v6 steve » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:32 pm

sky + already set up but just encase im sitting in front of tv now so i dont miss it
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Haha.. great to see my car hoofing around the track :D all be it a lower "reasonably priced" spec haha..
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vec 160 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm

I am looking at buying the 1.6 turbo gtc soon and it looks as big as the calibra
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Stupink » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Yeah its quite a chunky monkey, but handles like a small car (easily comparable to my 2006 fiesta). you only have to look at the size of the new corsas to see why they are the size they are though. apparently bigger is the new black.
I love mine, had it over a year now and I still really enjoy driving it, but 235 tyres and 300mm brakes standard out the factory took a bit of getting my head around.. not what i considered very "vauxhall" but they certainly know what they're doing. little features like a 3k rev limiter while stationary, engine revs that don't drop to idle during gear changes but actually drop to the required rpm for the next gear... I do miss my cally,,,,,, but not that much :alright:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 am

Yeah agreed. definitely higher maintenance costs. so far touch wood only had it in the garage for warranty jobs and stuff i can't be bothered or dont have the time for, but there will definitely be times i dont have a clue what to look for. but then the same could have been said about the cally when i first bought it.. didnt have a clue..
The main Engine ECU actually controls pretty much everything, not so many independent control units anymore.. more cost when it does go wrong, less probability of failures.
Still glad to have the roadster to play with though, bar the higher attention to geometry details and build quality its pretty much the same par technology wise as the calibra so im able to put everything i've learnt into practice and break that one too while trying to make it better.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net