My Cav Turbo rebuild...

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by paudie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:45 am

Thats one lucky car!!Wish i could treat the calibra that way!
paudie

by m00k » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:15 pm

well mot prep in full swing wi a mate working hard at it as i've bust me back!!! fuel leak cured, exhaust has new clamps, brake lines all cleaned, new frt suspension arms and drop links, the lowering springs are fitted on the frt as frt left had a broken coil, but the rears are a bit loose on full xtension so i'll leave them till after mot, new wipers and all bulbs tested ok

got the new frt headlamps in think they look great, new pass side fog in too but need to get bumper off to do drivers side.

ABS being a pain throwin light on occasionally but hopefully that be sorted, just wax oiling to do (thus the silly vectra rims, save gettin wax oil on the back of the tubby rims, change the frt windows to non tinted items and think its ready to go thru... fingers crossed it passes 1st time!!

whilst i was in the mood workin at it i decided to get it cleaned up a little as inside hadn't been touched in aaaaages, few pics for now

new fog and headlamp

interior cleaning

and of course wi dirty hands i touched roof cloth back pass side... grr

next up for the cleanin treatment... under the bonnet!!!

m00k

by Mark1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:18 pm

That's a hell of job you've done, very very nice.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by bodgetastic » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Very impressed, good work mate
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by C411BRAnut » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 am

That's a perfect two car garage, Mook - mint Calibra Turbo and mint Cavalier Turbo. Nice!
C411BRAnut

by funky-munky » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Well done with the rebuild, im very impressed
funky-munky

by Calibra_Jo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey thats looking great, I know how good it feels to get them done after waiting soooo long!!
Calibra_Jo

by m00k » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 pm

been pretty busy cleaning up the last of the cosmetic stuff and small touches... got the windows swapped over tonite for mot, abs light is now off too wi sensor sorted, sorted out all the dash lights, drivers new fog light was in (bumper had to come off a bit for it :() wi wax oiling done the refurbed rims went on with the new bolt covers, new centre caps added and wax oiling completed. So, pretty much all set :D

No pics of the other stuff as it was dark by time i got tidied up but as i was up on axle stands got some of the under seal, not very exciting but sure here goes...

and big thanks to this chap, he's done lots and lots for the mot prep, fussy and careful!!! superb work davy!!!

m00k

by m00k » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 am

Fresh pics this mornin wi the bits and bobs done...

ragin ordered a lot of the parts about 2.5years ago, amongst them were cav headlamp protectors, went to fit them this mornin, theyre feckinc alibra one, not a major thing seein as i have the cali tho i suppose

new batt cover fitted, not overly happy wi it, i'll replace it at some stage

all the new lights on the front...

refurbed tubby rims and the standard front windows fitted for mot, must remember to ask mot tester to actually chek the back windows with the tint metre see if they would fail

new interior mat set

thats all for now... hopefully be able to update with the tints back in, the rear lowered and boot build singin on full song again before long!!!
m00k

by Allys Cally » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 pm

that is looking so good mate, hope she passes the mot :wink:
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by splinter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:27 pm

My god !!!

Dont see many of these about now.. Good on you mate.. looks great !!!

I wanted one before i bought the calibra But could not find one in good con.
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by complaints69 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:40 pm

WOW!
Calibra Turbo LE 28
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by m00k » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:44 pm

yeah when i was 17-20 i longed for one, friend has a tuned black one and he took me out a spin not long after i passed my test i thought it wa sunreal, and a mates dad when i was 14ish had a gsi 2000 satin red i loved it.

when i sold my gsi mk3 astra i wanted a 325i sport and cudnt find a clean one then tried insurance onc av and it was cheaper than 325 so though... happy days and went lookin for a clean cav

knew this one existed but didnt think the guy wud sell, happened to stop and ask him if he knew of any for sael as he was from scotland on the club sites and he said he'd only said the day before that he had thought of sellin it so struck a deal and week or 2 later it was mine, hard to believe that was 4 years ago now!!!
m00k

by tim74 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 pm

thats one sweet ride mate congrats on all the work i would be so proud to own this
tim74

by m00k » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 pm

well a drive to Omagh y'day seen mot... thankfully it passed wi no probs and was ncie to clock up a few miles on it although as always with these things few teething problems but all being well simple enuff to remedy, have to say i'm lovin drivin it!!!

taxed it this mornin and fired the rear lowering springs in, looks a lot more than 30mm but quite happy wi the drop...

havent been really sendin it on, ceramic clutch takes bit of gettin used to and as it goes to come on boost the batt lights comin on so not sure if i need a new/tightened alternator belt or check the earths/connections!!!

also hopin to get the turbo off this wk and replaced with a hybrid item and some chris astley motorsport oil and water turbo coolant hoses are on the way...

apologies for pic quality... was wet but if a dry spell comes along and i get time to clean it i'll try somewhere scenic!!!!

m00k

PreviousNext