Not been on in along time, so i'm back with my new Calibra.

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: Not been on in along time, so i'm back with my new Calibra.

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Cheers guys :)
BAD63R-V6

by maid marianne » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Very nice looking car :D

Bargain too 8)
maid marianne

by v6 steve » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 pm

welcome back to the cally world, nice deal you got yourself well done
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am

Nice looking car, no wheels dhould be silver.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by BAD63R-V6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:02 am

Well the wheels are growing on me to remain in silver. So most likley just change the tyres for some lower profiles and when I fit a kit to it, the wheels should fill it out more as they are quite wide.
BAD63R-V6

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi guys, back with an update on the beasty.

After having a sift through my garage I found an old twin cone filter (one inside the other) that I used to have on my 2.5 V6. So proceeded to fit it purly as I wanted to hear what a tuned 3.0 sounded like with one on. I was so impressed with it that I then went out for a little run. Was very much impressed by this point as the throttle response was better, as was the mid range acceleration and smoother flat spot. So have now managed to seal the airfilter using the standard air box and a piece on inlet piping I had on my scooby left over.

Also I got the rest of the exhaust finished off (bar the manifolds) and with this filter, sounds somethign special now hehe. Even hear it sucking like b**ch just on tick over lol.

So with me being off work and the weather was nice, I proceeded to give the engine bay a damn good cleaning as it looks like it's never been touched. So after managing to find, 4x cloths, 1x tub of Meguires Tyre Gel as it looks alot better than back-to-black. Plus an alloye wheels bruch, silicone to seal the sensors to stop any moisture getting in I proceeded with the elbow grease. Started off looking like so:-

Then 3 hours later and slightly sun-burnt back, it came out looking like so:-

There is still alot to do under the hood such as removing all on the inlet pipe, battery, battery tray and ancilleries so I can get the under hood paint work spanking as I do like an engine bay, not just for the looks but so you can see any leaks sooner ;)

Oh and to give you a rough idea of where the car is at as far as sound goes, check out ths little video that I got when I came back from having the exhaust done, and turn your speakers up ;):-

BAD63R-V6

by Callyman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I'd personally put the cone filter in the bin and put the panel back in.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 pm

I would mate, but after removing the battery for the night to allow the ECU to start from scratch with the new A/F ratio, it's definatly better. I have sealed the filter inside the original air box perfectly and run a nice big cold feed into the drivers side wing. Its definatly better as I say, so sticking with it for the mo :) Remember, this thing has the enlarged throttlebody, and T/C to match, smoothed inlet manifold, courtenay's bigger devider, and straight through exhaust, so the breathing is pretty much sorted. Just need bigger heads :twisted:
BAD63R-V6

by lammy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Coming along nicely...you know what you need for it now?......a nice subtle kit....like, say, a Zender kit, just to set it off and make it stand out and turn heads...
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am

Yup, the zender is the one I want. I've seen the kit in the for sale section for £120, just trying to source funds atm. Although, I have seen one with the rear bumper for £150 in red aswell. But seriously want my car to look like this, but with may be black wheels:-

But also going back to the filter, I know what you are saying Callyman that cones can be worse than people think, so as I have a spare original air box from my 2.5 Calibra, i'm going to have a play and make it exactly how Courtenay should have done when the car had work done. I've read Courtenay Sport countless times and can't seem to find the "Air Box Mods" that they offer in their "CS" Packages they offer. I know it involves drilling the outside of the bottom half but not sure how much or where exactly to drill. I've already run the cold feed so thats ok, but want to try the Courtenay set-up with the Courtenay Panel Filter that I have to see what difference there is with the sealed cone filter. So can anyone point me in the direction of a guide or pics of one of these air boxes?

Cheers,
BAD63R-V6

by RobbieV » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 am

Drilling the lower part of the airbox will only allow hot engine bay air in which gives no benefit.

Standard airbox with a decent panel filter and cold air feed is all you need.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 am

Ah right ok, sorry just seen in the past air boxes that have been modded by courtenay and they have drilled the lower half of the airbox but on the outside by the wing. But i'm feeling more benefit from the cone filter being sealed with the cold feed, so if there is anyway to improve the panel filter set-up then i'll go for that, otherwise i'll stick to how it is as there isn't any heat soak atm.
BAD63R-V6

Previous