My cally

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: My cally

by craigyboy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Keep up the good work Tony :handgestures-thumbup:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by HOT-ROD » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 pm

It wasn't ment to go down like this. The plan was to give it a quick clean and bash it in but as usual one thing leads to another. Was thinking while the heads are off I might do a little polishing work (yes that's right I'm thinking about polishing my head :lol: ). The irony of it all is once the covers on you'll not be able to see much of it.

Ally is there any chance you could take a pic of your master cylinder please. I have some people telling me the v6 cylinder is different to mine and others say it's not. I just need to cover all bases before I finally make the big swap over.
Club Member
Club Member

by Allys Cally » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:47 pm

For the v6 you need to change over the master cylinder, if you don't the throttle body will hit off it and possibly rupture the brake line.
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:59 pm

So not that important then! :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by DanSE4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Allys Cally wrote:For the v6 you need to change over the master cylinder, if you don't the throttle body will hit off it and possibly rupture the brake line.

Or in my case I took a chunk out of the TB dropping the V6 in with the old master cylinder still in place! :doh:
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by HOT-ROD » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:27 pm

So the list of parts I still need grows even more! :doh:
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:26 am

I've also had a few people telling me it won't do any harm to leave it. I'm not as worried about doing the work just I'm on a bit of a time crunch for sourcing the extra parts. My MOTs due in 1 months time and I would like this engine fitted, working and some shake down time before I take it.
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I've been running drastically behind with this engine conversion but that's been because I spent the last week trying to sort out my old engine ready for the MOT! No joy with that! :handgestures-thumbdown: thought I best get my finger out with the v6 if I even stood a chance of getting it in and running before MOT time. Decided to clean up the heads today but again one thing lead to another and I ended up flowing 1 of the heads with the other to do tomorrow.
Not sure how much effect this will have on performance but it seems to have made a small noticable difference to every head I've done it to the past. (At least it's always felt that way :lol: )
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Didn't realise it was so long since my last update. Since then I have pretty much built the engine back up. All it needs now is the inlet manifold and throttle body fitting, gearbox reconnecting and the new non Aircon engine mount to arrive sometime this week! :dance: :dance: :dance: I didn't get any up to date pics of the engine today but I do have this from last week.
I'm a little bit bugged if I'm honest because as clean and tidy as the engine looks as soon as you start to fit the wiring it always starts to look like a dogs dinner. :snooty:

Anyway the plan for this weekend was pretty much to remove the old engine.
That was straight forward enough but as you can see I don't concern myself with the health and safety side of things! :lol:
The master plan was just to give it a quick clean up and fit the new engine but...................as always it was never going to be that easy. As well as a little paint work under the old header tank after fitting the extra mount for the V6 the front crossmembers look a little scabby.
Top that off with the repair job on the battery tray last year I think now it's worth just getting the whole engine bay painted. How far this will go is anyone's guess now! :think:
Club Member
Club Member

by BigDaz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Looking good mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
'Once Driven Forever Smitten'

Silver 1992 C2OXE CALLY (Weekend use only)

Se2 1994 C20XE CALLY (On Going Project)

Red 1991 SRI C20XE CAVVY (Been Stored Since 2008)

Red 2016 Insignia VX Line (Daily Driver)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:39 pm

starting to come together now mate :wink:
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:39 pm

It's looking like next week could be all bodywork! :doh: my least favourite of all work on the car.
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 pm

It's looking like next week could be all bodywork! :doh: my least favourite of all work on the car.
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:17 pm

That's the motor finally finished. Just gotta get the bay prepped now! I can see the light. :dance:
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Well that's the engine bay stripped as far as it needs to go.
I'm also pleased to say that I've checked under the servo and it looks pretty solid under there.
All that's left to do it weld in the mounting bracket tomorrow and seal it then the fun begins with the prep and paint.
It's a slow process especially when it's only weekends I get to work on it but I know it'll all be worth it in the end.
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext