SAMARAI's 1995 Opel Calibra 16v Ecotec ;)

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: SAMARAI's 1995 Opel Calibra 16v Ecotec ;)

by SAMARAI » Tue May 06, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah it is a bit annoying ruining the sleek look but could be worse :p
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Wed May 14, 2014 2:49 pm

I haven't written about my calibra in ages so here's the update!

First it was LED strips into the footwells and under the doors and in the boot!

Im just loving the night life with all the lighting! (My phone camera makes it seem brighter than it is but I love it! GAHHH <3 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I went on a Dyno Run (Was complimentary since on the day that MCM Adelaide held a dyno day, a bearing on a roller gave way and gave me incorrect results)
To my delight my cali ran a consistent 84KW at the wheels. not bad for a 20 year old car! (100kw from factory)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I went and fitted an original factory bonnet light! Opel had already put a spot for it and all! (Probably incase people break down middle of the night)

I do need to fit an LED in there pronto!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next one of the bulbs in my third brake light blew so I took it as an opportunity to fix the loose bonnet fit and also put in an LED strip instead of the halogen globes for a more modern look.
I do need a brighter LED strip tho, this current one doesn't really cut it during the day sadly. at night not too bad.
Again excuse the low res shots! damn phone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next here are a few photos from an Opel meet. (first 2 photos credit goes to Kevin Tria Photography.. last 2 photos credit to my phone that I didn't realise was on a 2mp quality setting sorry bout that guys)

I managed to find a mate with a calibra and got him to come along. L plater for now so dad came along too :P )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more astute of you would have noticed in the above pictures I no longer have the Facelift bumper. I scored an earlier model bumper without the V-Grille.
Dont get me wrong, I love the chrome accenting but a mate talked me into trying the bumper.
Plus I had some previous damage that was showing thru the paint which was annoying me so it was fresh new bumper time!

So with a bumper change I thought I'd do HID's too while I was at it.
This was round 2 for HID's. my first set were Ebay ones and didn't last and weren't reliable sadly.
I went for Philips 5000k 35W and im a happy chappy atm!

Left stock bulb. Right fresh 5000k goodness!

and now before and afters of the bumper.

BEFORE

AFTER (As she sits 2 days ago)

BEFORE

AFTER (As she sits 2 days ago)

Definitely cleaner without the grille. Took some getting used to but I love it now. best thing is I can always go chuck it back on if I need to one day :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all for now folks.. but 2 bonus pics.

1) Damn cat watching me the other day. I hate when cats walk all over your car.. i freak out that they scratch it :c

2)I got a chance first time in ages to get my 3 beasts in one shot.
From left to right. Calibra - My daily and car I learnt mods on. Benz - My daily when my calibra broke down. Camry- My first ever daily. <3 them all!

Thats all for now.
Hoping to get a numberplate soon. These stock platess annoy me so much!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by craigyboy » Wed May 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Looking good Samarai,plenty of good photos :handgestures-thumbsup:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phill » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Nice photos mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by SAMARAI » Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 am

Cheers lads! I love capturing the progress of my Opel :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Fri May 16, 2014 3:31 pm

My calibra lads and gals. I need opinions and thoughts/suggestions what custom numberplate to get. I want to ask you guys because ya'll may be able to choose a word for me that encaptulates the calibra and makes people go yep, that suits the car and is clever.
At the moment Im tossing around ideas. If I can't find anything worthwhile I'd rather not get something silly just for the sake of getting one because you do have to pay yearly for them.

I'll upload below a few photo shops of the words I've thought of. I live in South Australia, max letters and numbers you can fit are 7 max.

First for the Calibra.

SAMARAI - So firstly my name is Sama and its also a play on words with Samurai and SAMARAI is also my forum name throughout the internet.
(I'm deciding against this kind of because I want something that is about the car not really about me Ideally)

CALIBRO - Play on words with the model of the car being Calibra. thoughts?

CAL1BRA - Think its corny to put the cars model as a numberplate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My Benz Im pretty set for. I wanted to get TITANIC but its already taken so here are the next best thing.

TITAN1C

TYTANYK

Thoughts especially for my calibra's numberplate would be awesome. cheers guys and girls.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:16 pm

Howdy my calibra brothers and sisters!
I need opinions. White or black trim? I always was curious if the colour coded trim would look better than stock black or not.
So the other day I plastidipped my door and bumper trim. Im undecided which look I like better.
What's your thoughts?

I reckon black is classy and breaks up the white, but white makes it look sleeker/sheeker!

Before (Black - Stock)

After (White - Plasti-dip)

-------------------------------

--------------------------------

--------------------------------

---------------------------------

Comment me your thoughts.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:26 pm

i would go with the black bump strips and break up the white. at the end of the day it is your car though :wink:
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by EddeyDancer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 am

The black sits better, with how the car is currently... :think:

The white certainly looks heaps more modern, but other aspects of the car, don't allow it to look fully complete... :naughty:

Colour Coding can look heaps better, but only if it's done correctly...
The Ghost - V6 Opel
'Calibra with Style'
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Gargi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:14 pm

the tire size you have?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 am

Allys Cally wrote:i would go with the black bump strips and break up the white. at the end of the day it is your car though :wink:

To be honest it was that reason exactly that I haven't colour coded them till today Ally. and to be honest its that same reason that is pulling me back to go black. I think the white makes it look a bit boring. (and thats what I always didn't want it to look if I colour coded) maybe its because its a white cali. coloured cali's seem to need it at a must!

EddeyDancer wrote:The black sits better, with how the car is currently... :think:

The white certainly looks heaps more modern, but other aspects of the car, don't allow it to look fully complete... :naughty:

Colour Coding can look heaps better, but only if it's done correctly...

I think so too matey, cheers!

Gargi wrote:the tire size you have?

215 45 17 mate
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Turf install as footwell floor mats.
Photo Update time!!

About 2 hours ago I finished the install of turf in the front and rear footwells acting as replacements of standard universal floor mats I had.

Gotta say im more than pleased how it turned out, best 5 hours and $59 spent ever!
I always do like being different.. not just with cars but in everything and when a few mates with utes tossed the idea around of getting turf along their ute's trays I got thinking that well I don't have a ute.. but next best thing was the footwells! Probably the only calibra in the world with this mod! now thats MAAAAD! :P

Enjoy some before, during and after shots!
Comment your thoughts, always glad to hear people's opinions. good or bad! might not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it.. my phone photos don't do it justice but enjoy!

For now take care, till the next installment of SAMARAI's Calibra! (that is if I don't plant flowers and play put put golf on my turf now) xD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before and after!
(Can you see the face in the left footwell? I shat bricks when I saw it thru my phone as I took the shot! hahaha)

Getting round the pedals so they dont impinge when using the clutch for example was the hardest part but nothing this persian beast can't handle :P

hope ya'll like it!
day pics to come soon!

Cheers for reading!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Gargi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:59 pm

oh my god????What is it? :axed: :bazooka: For why?Is your car circus?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 am

Gargi wrote:oh my god????What is it? :axed: :bazooka: For why?Is your car circus?

Hahaa mate love that reaction!
I did it so I can play golf and plant flowers :p
Kidding! Only for something different! I always like being different. Feels so good on bare feet!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SAMARAI » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:35 am

Photo update. As she stood yesterday and stands today 11/06/14

She makes me :')

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext