Calibra turbo Project x2

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: Calibra turbo Project x2

by matty0785 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:38 pm

looks like a different car

amazing what a good clean can achieve
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Got started on the polishing today, removed rear valance as broken in 3 due to exhaust hangers breaking, think I'll revert to standard bumpers and sideskirts.

Spot the difference;-Image

Going over with T-Cut, White Colour Magic, Clay bar then Polish followed by a sealant, should look alot better
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Got the polishing all done, looks alot better, only problem is the bad bits are really obvious now:-

Mess left behind rear valance, new bumper I think, new exhaust hangers aswell!

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by craigyboy » Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Coming along nice mate :clap:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by splinter » Sun May 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Looking so much better. That muck on the rear was me sorry :-( .
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Don't worry about it!
As I said think I'll revert to a more OE look, as kit need alot of worl
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Sun May 26, 2013 9:02 pm

white spirit should get ot off
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Cheers fraz I'll try that
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 am

Looks bloody good, don't forget to get some wax on it, polish on its own won't protect the paint.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by KERR_SE9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Wee update, sorry for the lack of process, been busy working, anyway got the whole weekend, So I got stuck into the silver one as Splinters old car will take time and alot of cash, And I want the silver one up for sale soon, so....

Removed the destroyed drivers seat, As I have decent spare to go in,removed rear bench as soaked through, actually left puddles behind.
Fitted new glove box as old one had no face on it (assuming got stuck in locked position!), Removed face off cassette player with no face for a Cd player I can actually use.Have new speaker grills to fit to front doors. Removed disgusting carpets for a nice clean set (After pics coming soon),, then I came across a problem the underlay is soaked/damp and a general mess, I've started to remove it but starting to strugle, does anyone know if the dash has to come out,, and I'd better unblock the elephant trunk while I'm at it. Other than that interior should scrub up well.
ImageImage[URL=http://s728.photobucket.com/user/Kerr_Se9/media/SAM_1772_zpsdaa0458d.jpg.html]ImageImage[/URL]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm

if you want the sound deading out in one piece...you need to remove the dash...or you cut/rip the bit that goes up the firewall and round the heater box
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Got the old one out, but I want the new one in one piece, So dash removal on my turbo shell tomorrow then!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi folks,sorry for lack of updates,been busy moving house and sorting out yard space for work,hoping to get stuck in asap, having a wee dilema and wild appreciate advice,

Basically the silver one will be an easy fix and I'll be selling it on, Ians old car however is a different story,really don't know where to go with it, needs sooooo much work,and im stumped,don't really want to break,what was a lovely car but I think it needs to much work,, behind number plate is rotten,calipers/discs are shot,has water/oil leaks,misfires/hesitates, alloys kerbed,mismatched tyres,4x4 don't work,,,,bodykit is wrecked,interior damp,that's just the start,

Should I put engine in my track calibra,break it,sell as is or man up and spend £1000s fixing her up?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Calibra turbo Project x2

by John Owens » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 am

Kerr , I was in exactly the same position with my cav gsi . It's needing loads of welding & replacement panels then a full respray all of which ain't cheap . I decided to do it bit by bit when funds allow rather than all in one go as I know one day it'll be worth it .
Classic car ownership is an expensive business but very rewarding when you achieve what you set out to do . It's not a case of manning up mate , your just being realistic . Start with stuff you can do yourself , run it in 2 wd if need be , you can buy a 4 wd locking kit for just over £100 ( if I remember correctly ) so thats not looking bad , alloys can be refurbed for about £30 a rim ,good interiors can be bought off ebay etc . Good luck with it mate whatever you decide .

Praise the Lowered !
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by matty0785 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm

fix up and sell the silver on and use the cash from that to put ians old car back how it should be just view it as a long term project and not a 2 min fix up

its taken me nearly a year to get the skyline kinda how i want it to be so get the gloves on and make the best of what is left of the good weather
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext