Calibra 8v lives again!

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Calibra 8v lives again!

by chargerbandit » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 am

So I decided to post my little project here too. It's a 1993 Opel Calibra 8v, for the past 6 years it has changed a few owners but it was sitting the entire time so when I had the chance to pick it up for 250€ I took it because it has to be saved from the scrapyard. Fun fact: only 25 Calibras in total left in this country on the roads, three of those turbo and two V6.

First step was to do some serious maintenance on the engine, all the belts, pump etc. Previous owners tried to kill the car but they didn't succeed. Belt was barely holding together, water pump was held in by regular silicone and was leaking super hard... Replaced everything, did some work on suspension - bushings, rear brakes (those damn handbrake plates are almost rusted through), brake lines.

26051yu.jpg

20idzec.jpg

Went through MOT with zero problems, next step was doing some little jobs like dodgy heater slider, handbrake and shifter boots, then the hood cable got unhooked and couldnt open the hood... stuff like that. Also apparently the wood interior trim is pretty rare so I have that to brag about haha.

6jda9l.jpg

eu366q.jpg

287qkba.jpg

t7mpaa.jpg

Also reupholstered the roof lining and the trunk. Plenty of parts broken or missing and it will be a challenge to find some of those.

2ecoqol.jpg

2u93mvr.jpg

24fjyic.jpg

Next step - replacing sills and quarterpanel and then off to paint!

2sbafmh.jpg

wvdawm.jpg
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Calibra 8v lives again!

by Cliff » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am

Great to see the car - and even better that you're bringing it back to life - keep it up :clap:
Site Admin
Site Admin

by craigyboy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Well done,keep up the good work :clap: :clap:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by chargerbandit » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Boom, no more rust! Getting ready for paint.

21mc0g8.jpg

2emh20k.jpg

2el9yds.jpg

122i5q1.jpg
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by chargerbandit » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Boom, more work to be done. First off, a little dramatic shot:

j0wgmp.jpg

Now it's time to paint this sucker. Took it all apart, fixed up a few things like the front and back bash bars and painted some stuff black.

2ujgti1.jpg

Time for epoxy filler... added some fibers into it so it won't ever crack, professional stuff.

2u5v1wy.jpg

212fg2x.jpg

AC delete wohooo weight reduction, it was shot anyways and its a R12 aftermarket system so it was sketchy at best.

2wrhzed.jpg

Bunch more sanding left, the front has replica fenders and hood so nothing really lines up, oh well. This time next week it might be going into painting.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net