fault finding code help!!

Any electrical issues

by crazycalibra » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:14 pm

put fault finder on my cally and it came out as no vehicle speed signal does anyone know what this means and how i can fix it???
im very desparate to get the cally back on the road please help [img]/sad.gif[/img] [img]/sad.gif[/img] [img]/sad.gif[/img]
crazycalibra

by Leigh » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:25 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-crazycalibra+--><div class='quotetop'>(crazycalibra)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->put fault finder on my cally and it came out as no vehicle speed signal does anyone know what this means and how i can fix it???
im very desparate to get the cally back on the road please help [img]/sad.gif[/img] [img]/sad.gif[/img] [img]/sad.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Definately that and not "no crankshaft sensor signal" ??

If it's the crankshaft signal , did you have the engine running??????

What engine/ECU ?
and what was the code that you got flashed?
Leigh

by crazycalibra » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:32 pm

engine is 2.oltr 16v ecotec used a cheap fault finder tester engine light flashed 24 and in book for tester it said no vehicle speed. some times engine runs some times it does'nt on taking car for a spin it does'nt seem to wanna go above 4000 revs thanks for the reply i need as much help as i can get cos i wanna get bk on the road [img]/sad.gif[/img]
crazycalibra

by Stupink » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:19 pm

OK
as you say 24 is speed sensor.
It wont go above 4k untill you fix the error, that is normal, its a kind of windows "safe mode"
Do you have any other issues? does your ABS work ok? does that light come on too?

The speed on some (earlier i think) models comes from the gearbox cable and converted in the dashboard. The later models the speed comes from the ABS speed sensors on the driveshafts.

Do you know which yours is? i would presume since its an ecotec its electrical Speedo. so *if* your abs works fine maybe its the wiring from the abs to the instrument panel(dash) if so your speedo wont be working, if it is then it must be either the output from the dash or the cabeling in between that and the ecu.

Sorry to be of little help, i have never had an ecotec, or an electronic speedo, just thought anything might jog your memory..
how did the origional code occur?
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net