ALARM HELP

Any electrical issues

by DAN » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:20 pm

Hi,
Does anyone else have a Giordon Alarm? You can buy them on ebay.

I have the TG686TS model and its playing up.

When I got the car the only thing the alarm was doing was locking and unlocking the car, the alarm wasnt activating. When you opened the doors the indicators would flash.

I went round to Ians house on Sunday and we found a disconnected wire from the ignition barrel, this was from the alarm. after a small play around with the wires there, the alarm was working, result!

Worked up until today [img]/sad.gif[/img] Opened it this morning and was working fine, took my girlfriend to work and got back home and then nothing was working. No indicator flashes when door was open, doors wouldnt lock/unlock, dead as a dodo.

Checked all the fuses, which we fine, kept pushing buttons, got really annoyed and then it began working again after an hour or so.
Battery's in handset are fine and new ones were put in this morning after it wouldnt work

Am i doing something really stupid or is the alarm just sh*t???
Anyone got a user manual on PC??

Many thanks
DAN

by Admin » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Dan,

I think a lot of it is down to the installation I am afraid, if we can get a copy of the installation guide, and a few spare hours I will refit it for you.
Admin

by DAN » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:13 pm

Yeah i think your right mate, took all the steering column off again today, like a birds nest behind there. [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

As I said it is working now, for how long I dont know. Thanks for the offer to refit it for me, I searched the net this morning for a guide but couldnt find one. If it is going to be too much hassle I think I will go and buy a decent CAT 1 alarm, at least I will have some sort of warranty for it then. I hope that the alarm will hold up til then

thanks
DAN

by Admin » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:43 pm

If you want to change it for a CAT1 then let me know I have a company who I trust 110% with working on my cars, they are not bad cost wise either :wink:
Admin

by DAN » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:22 pm

thanks for that mate, will probably be in a couple of months time

Cheers
DAN

by Admin » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DAN+--><div class='quotetop'>(DAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->thanks for that mate, will probably be in a couple of months time

Cheers<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not a problem, if the alarm does give you any grief between now and then, I am happy to have a look at it for you. I MAY even be able to get a copy of some instructions for it!
Admin

by DAN » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:33 pm

Thanks mate, your a star :wink:
DAN

by DAN » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:12 pm

My alarm went dead again last night just as I pulled up outside a restaurant :evil: Anyway I had a look at it this morning, there is a small piece of metal on the outside of the boot lock, on the inside of the car which moves and locks and un locks the car, this was not connected but was earlier in the day.

I assume that this caused the alarm to malfunction as it was unable to lock the boot. I pulled a fuse out the alarm box and put it back in and it began working.

I going to buy another one in the next few months, i need something more reliable
Thanks for all the help guys

cheers
DAN

by Dan Willis » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:00 pm

So who is this company Ian? I need a CAT 1 installing on my 911....
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Admin » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:07 pm

The company is called : Car Radio Alarms
Located in : Haydons Road, Sutton, Surrey

Cant remember the phone number off hand at the moment.
Admin

by Dan Willis » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 pm

I found several in that area all called Car Radio Alarms... Clarence road seems the one that pops up most?

020 86431222 if it is them?
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Admin » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:22 pm

Thats them! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

They are on a corner, I had aydons road stuck in my head because a mate just asked me to tell him how to get there! :roll:
Admin

by Dan Willis » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:31 pm

Marvellous... I need one before May! Bloody imported cars :roll:
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net