heated seats

Any electrical issues

by hillcrew » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:11 pm

my heated seats dont seem to work the passenger side does sometimes but takes ages and i dont notice a difference on the drivers side anyone got any ideas i was told to change the heaters is a right pain
hillcrew

by skellem » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:08 pm

I have exactly the same problem, passenge side is a no go and driver side takes ages, I'm not sure what to do either! I will check that there's power to the passenger side, but I suspect to replace the heated bits you have to take the leather off...aaarrgh!
skellem

by BenW » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:24 am

My passenger seat is fine but my driver's seat doesn't work.

A common fault is a breakage of the wire by the seatbelt clasp that goes between the back and the base of the seat, which gets worn through with the chair back being moved to let back seat passengers in and out.

I keep meaning to fix mine, would be handy at this time of year!
BenW

Promo Video

by hillcrew » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:42 am

too right its so bloody cold at the moment ang getting into a cold car with leather aint nice :x
hillcrew

by Leigh » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:23 am

Skellem , did you find anything causing the slow drivers side seat heating?

Just that my mate said her drivers seat is taking ages to heat up at the moment...
Leigh

by Kieran_Burns » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:28 am

Apparently the control wire runs directly under where you sit! So eventually it wears through and yes by all accounts it is a complete bugger to sort out.
Kieran_Burns

by Smurf » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:16 am

How long do you guys class as a long time to warm up? Mine have always taken between 5 and 10 minutes to warm up (on both Calibra's).
Smurf

by SteveU » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:00 pm

Mine take about that long too Neil.

Check the feeds on the wires under the seats if ya can guys. You are only checking 2 wires, one 12v live and one earth (obviously make sure the ignition's on and the buttons are pressed first).
SteveU

by turbo_mike » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:11 am

So where do the wires run specifically? On mine driver is fine but passenger side is buggered.
turbo_mike

by vauxhallman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:16 pm

If you tilt the seat forward and look where the back joins the base, the cable runs near the hinge mechanism near where you clip the seat belt in. It may be in a black plastic outer cover.

[/img]
vauxhallman

by turbo_mike » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:55 pm

Cheers mate i'll give it a look tomorrow....a picture AND a circle...i am spoilt [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
turbo_mike

by vauxhallman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:36 pm

Just ironic, been out getting ready to do mine, but soldering iron wouldn't work so came in and went online, then saw your post, lol.
vauxhallman