advice needed.

Any electrical issues

by atacam » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:12 pm

Today I heard a ttsstt sorta sound from my car. Next thing I know, I have no stereo and my tv is not working either. Later I tried my hazards to say thanks to someone, but all that happened was my indicator light came on, on the dash and stayed on but no indicators flashed. I have checked the indicators and they work, I have replaced one 15amp fuse but have not had a good root round. Any advice as to what to check would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
atacam

by Topbuzz » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:36 pm

1) ckeck indicator bulb(s)
2) check hazard relay
3) check and repalce all blown fuses

> have replaced one 15amp fuse

got to figure out WHY that fuse blew.
It sounds like you got a short circuit somehwere, dodgy wiring at the back of the dash with the ICE install....thats my best bet [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Alan Knight (Topbuzz)
=======================
W: www.topbuzz.co.uk
E: webmaster@topbuzz.co.uk
=======================
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by atacam » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:41 pm

Hi mate. I have sorted it now. Had to change three fuses. Dont know why they blew but it all seems ok now. I did check the wiring but everything seemed ok.
atacam

by RobbieV » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:47 pm

Hi, i had a similar problem not so long ago, turned out to be the hazard warning switch. I accidently hit it with my arm while working in the car and switched it on, i turned it off but the hazard switch did`nt seat properly and started to short out causing similar problems.
Hope this is of some help to you [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net