Wierd dash display

Any electrical issues

by DAN » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:12 pm

Hi,
Sometimes when I am in traffic my display goes very strange. The first thing that will happen is the battery light will come on. Then the tempreture guage and the petrol guage goes right down just above minimum. If i turn the ignition off then back on its fine :?

Any ideas

cheers
DAN

by Stupink » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:21 pm

ARgg.. the electrics in that car sound almost as bad as mine.. heh..

Hate electrics..
Just get a multimeter and check the voltages across the battery, engine off/idle/2k and with load on it.
If that shows ok, then just go through all the earth straps and connections to make sure they're ok [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by SteveU » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Have you had the clocks out at all Dan? Sounds like it could be just one of the multi plugs on the back of the dash not quite in correctly. Failing that check all of the earths in the engine bay in case one has work it's way slightly loose. Also check the battery terminals for security (you never know).
SteveU

by DAN » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:48 pm

The electrics on this car are really bad. When you start the car in the morning and accelearate too quickly before the engine is warm the alarm starts sounding and doors lock :0)

The clocks were taken out by the previous owner as he has put blue leds in the dash

Thanks for the advise guys I will take a look at the weekend.

cheers
DAN

by skellem » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:19 am

OMG, Dan, that sounds terrible...acceleration before it's warm LOL!
skellem

by DAN » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:59 am

I know but when i drive out my house I join straight onto a dual carraigeway :0)
DAN