Anyone know how to fix a sunroof?

Any electrical issues

by cally228 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:10 am

HELP! Summer is approaching and I have a bolloxed sunroof, lifts up ok but then just sits there clicking and whirring.....til I hit it then it moves about an inch....til I hit it and so on and so on. Anyone got any ideas as my hand is getting sore now from beating the sh*t out of the bloody thing every time I want it open [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BenW » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:04 am

I had the same problem last summer, but bottled it and took it to a local garage. They charged me £90 to straighten the bent linkages, and that sorted it.
BenW

by DAN » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:42 pm

I replaced mine on my 8v about 2 yrs ago. I just got hold of a complete unit, I paid £100 for it.

Very easy to do, even though the Haynes manual says otherwise. Take the headlining down, undo the bolts on the sunroof, about 12 of them. Unplug the motor and the whole thing should come out very easily. Then take the lid off the one you have taken out and put it on the new one (another few bolts holding this on) then put the new one in. Very simple and much quicker and easier then fixing the old one [img]/smile.gif[/img]
DAN

by Smurf » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:57 am

Yep - I'm with Dan. I had to replace it on my 8v and got hold of one for £50 including the motor. Piece of cake to fit, and much less hassle than fixing the old one...

The only problem is actually finding one... especially if you have a later Calibra (i.e 1995 onwards). They have twin cog sunroofs and it took me about 8 months to find one.
Smurf