How much blow do you get!!!!

Any electrical issues

by alisdair » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:06 am

Ok I have had my cally for a number of years and to be honest the power that comes from the vents is kak!

Now I was in another calibra yesterday which did have aircon.

But with aircon off and just the fan on it was so powerful.

Does this mean cars without aircon have cr@p blowers!!!!!

If I have mine on full it makes a big blowy noise but you can place your hands infront of the vents and only get trickle of air.
alisdair

by BenW » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:40 am

I don't have air con and my blowers are quite powerful.

Perhaps the linkages are bent or broken behind the heater control panel, meaning they're permanently stuck set to blow into the footwells or windscreen?
Another thing could be your pollen/cabin filter (if you have one, it's under the scuttle panel and can be accessed easily from under the bonnet) - if that's old and full of dead bugs, it'll significantly restrict air flow into the cabin.

A couple of things to try anyway, good luck!
BenW

by Leigh » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm

My blowers (non aircon) are quite strong as well. Certainly enough to keep me fairly cool in summer once the initial heat has been dispersed.

Definately check as Ben says to see if you've got a pollen filter (not all cally's had them apparently) and if you have what sort of state it's in, only a few quid to replace and if it's never been done it will likely be very yucky! (changed one on my M*ndeo after I bought it (first ever car) as I had to wait ages for demisting etc, and the filter was GROSS ! almost black. Made a significant difference to the airflow inside the cabin..
Leigh

by alisdair » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Ok lads thanks for the advice.

I am going in. If I am some time, please email me to see if I am ok.

I have had the car 4 years and I have never changed it. I hate bugs dead or alive.

********Goes to kitchen to find rubber gloves*********

none there

********Goes to wife's kinky drawer********
alisdair

by holly » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:11 pm

i have air con and my blowers are pants, and i have a new pollen filter to.,
holly

by tb303 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:22 pm

i am having problem with the a/c guys and it's hard to figure out what it is basicaly since the car is sitting in the sun (44 celcius) in the garage and cannot figure out if it's working properly because i am sweating all over. it makes a very annoying sound too and the a/c light brightness on the dashboard seems to fade as i put the power of the a/c higher. the sound also is similar to a tv noise when you dont get the tv channel well. it's like radio parasites. also when the a/c is working at low modes 2 or 3 i hear a sound like a door squicking and when i hit the breaks i hear a strange sound like a viola coming into the concert. you know like APOCALIBRICA. hehehe. any ideas what it might be. can it be the a/c compressor? i can hear the engine sound changing when i switch the a/c on and off and looks like the compressor is doing its job, however it might be that the compressor output is not efficient. how do i check that? i think the sound changing when i hit the breaks slightly has to do something with the electricity. something shorts or i dont realy know........can anyone help?
tb303

NEW SPOILER!!!!!

by Maverick » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:38 pm

My blowers are ok, but they're not exactly fantastic to be honest. I have had the car almost 2 years and always been the same. My mate's R reg with air con is quite a bit better, but it has nothing to do with air con I don't think.
Maverick