Window problem ?

Any electrical issues

by RobbieV » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:29 pm

Hi, ive just fitted Vauxhall remote central looking and have just found a problem. When locking the car with the remote the drivers window goes up but the passenger side stays down :?: I do know that since i bought the car you could`nt lock or unlock the passenger door with the key, could that cause the problem or something else.

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Window problem ?

by skellem » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:03 pm

Robbie, check your connections in the passenger footwell. The brown/black wire is probably connected to the wrong wire or it isn't connected properly. I'm sure this would sort the problem. (it needs to be connected to the brown/black wire in the cars wiring harness)
skellem

by RobbieV » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:07 pm

Hahaha i just knew someone would say check the wires :oops: I was hoping you would say "kick passenger door 4 inches below lock" Oh well better get my club hammer out again :wink: [img]/laugh.gif[/img] Cheers Gunter
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phantom » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:18 pm

i never realised the club supplied hammers, can i have one too
Phantom

by skellem » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:21 pm

Robbie, from the sounds of it, it's wiring. I assume you can open/close it using the button?? If so, you going to have to take those trims off again!
skellem

by RobbieV » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:00 pm

All sorted now guys, thanks to Gunter, crappy scotch locks all replaced now wires soldered and heat shrink wrapped just need some plasters for my burnt fingers :wink: [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by skellem » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:21 pm

Well done mate!
skellem

by RobbieV » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-skellem+--><div class='quotetop'>(skellem)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well done mate!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And well done to you and all the guys for your help [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] where would i be with out this site :wink: 8) [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net