No electric windows or mirrors

Any electrical issues

Bloody bargain!

by ian_n » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:05 pm

When my door is closed the windows dont work at all, but when its open i can use the windows, my total closure alarm will shut the windows thou, but no matter what ive got no electric mirrors, i am miles from home and the local dealer is too busy until friday.
Any ideas?
ian_n

by Leigh » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:10 pm

Are the buttons for the windows lit when you've got the doors open/closed/ignition on etc?

I'd guess the total closure alarm is doing it in the same/similar way to the microswitch on the door lock when held at 45 degrees, but I don't know if that wires into the 'windows' directly from the switch, or all the way back to the same place as the centre console buttons . Sounds like you might have a break in the wire somewhere running into the door, but that's assuming what I've said above is close to correct..
Leigh

by ian_n » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:34 pm

The buttons are lit for the windows when the door is open, they still work when i open the doors ive also noticed the little light works near the toggle switch for the electric mirrors when i put the rear screen heater switch on.
ian_n

by Smurf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm

Do they work with the ignition on? Or is that what you're already doing?
Smurf

by ian_n » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:19 pm

The windows only work when the door is open(apart from the total closure closing them) the buttons do not light up when the ignition is on but they will light up if i open the door. could it be a faulty switch on inside of door as they stop working if i push it in?
ian_n