Outside temp Sensor

Any electrical issues

by atacam » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:58 pm

I have just fitted a trip comp. I need to know as much detail abou tthe outside temp sensor. I have looked under the bumper but its not there, so. I need to know where the wire to connect the sensor to is, or is there a plug it fits to, I heard that there was a plug by the battery, but the only one I could find was one with 3 pins on it coming from what looked like the light.

Please Help.
Thanks in advance.
atacam

by Fraz » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:58 pm

the connector on mine is just under the bumper , and its a two pin one

There was a post about this on CC and there (IIRC) should be a wire to check on the diagnostic plug ...if the wire is there you have the wires inplace if not you will have to run a new one ...try alan Knights site as I am sure he has something about it on there
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:13 am

here you go
what you want is near bottom of the page
[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.akirwan.freeserve.co.uk/akhow2/fuelch2.rtf" target="_blank">http://www.akirwan.freeserve.co.uk/akhow2/fuelch2.rtf</a>
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by atacam » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:20 am

Cheers Fraz. I can sorta make sense of it.(can you tell i'm not that good with cars).

I guess the wires will be there as I have the yellow plug already there and the buttons also pluged straight in. :oops:
atacam

by hoglabs » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:24 pm

if you do find the wiring you could extend it and fit your outside air temp sensor into your air inlet system that way you get the air intake temp on your trip computer 8)
a useful way to measure any improvements from cold air mods and ram intakes
hoglabs

by Fraz » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:48 pm

ok mate it does seem a tad complicated ..

ok try this bit first

On lower spec models the temp sensor wiring may not be routed down to the bumper. If it is not found, the wires can be connected by the bulkhead on the passenger side.
Under the relay box, should be a 5 pin connector with the two blue wires, and a yellow and brown wire.
If this plug is unconnected the wires will not be located near the bumper. If this connector is connected to another connector with blue wires on both sides the wires should be already down by the bumper.

I would say if you have the yellow plug all you need do is find this connector under the fuse box in the engine bay and get the lead from there to the sensor,(if there is not one at the bumper of course) plus fit the sensor and it should all work
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net