4x4 light

Any electrical issues

fault code 31

by pauldarcy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:53 pm

my cally turbo intermittently has the 4x4 light illuminated. it only happens on starting but remains until i next start up with a break.it doesn't always do it . can anyone give me some pointers?
pauldarcy

by Kieran_Burns » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:16 pm

You're not starting with your foot on the brake pedal are you?

Do you hear a 'clunk' noise when braking?
Kieran_Burns

by skellem » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:18 pm

If you start the car with your foot on the brake pedal it will stay on.

It sounds like you need to get your transferr box seen to. Not really a job you can do yourself unless you have a lot of patience! Speak to the chaps at VTS for some advice about the box.
skellem

by pauldarcy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:28 am

i have probably been starting up withmy foot on the brake. is this a bad thing and to be avoided?
pauldarcy

by Kieran_Burns » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:12 am

It is if you want to run with 4 wheel drive... just don't put your foot on the brake when starting...

I always dip the clutch myself - takes the transmission offline so it's easier to start and stops the worry about leaving the car in gear.
Kieran_Burns

by pauldarcy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:39 am

problem is down to 4x4 solenoid valve switch. 700 hundred quid retail from v/hall......arse!but managed to get secondhand one off a 8v 4x4 for £40 [same part] hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!
pauldarcy

by skellem » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 am

Excellent mate! I'm sure you are relieved!
skellem

Locked posts

by Smurf » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:36 am

8v 4x4??! Doesn't exist!! I guess you mean the 16v 4x4?

Well done on getting it sorted at such a good price mate!
Smurf

by Stupink » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:36 pm

Cavalier 8v4x4 would be my guess... but yes i dont think they ever did the calibra version..
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by pauldarcy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:33 pm

sorry ,yes its a cav 8v but the important thinis they are the same!also cause only a numpty sits behind the wheel of one they are likely to have no idea what price to sell such bits and haven't a clue what they are!!!!!!
pauldarcy