Window problem

Any electrical issues

by RobbieV » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:22 am

Hi, Sometimes when i go to close the window it go`s 2/3 of the way stop and then go`s back down, this only happens when the door is closed. Works fine when door open, Any solutions please.

Cheers Rob [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Col_UK » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:25 am

robbie get some rubber and nylon lube from halfords and spray all the runners, in the meantime use the magic black button, hold it down as u push up on the window controls
black button is just back from window controls it overrides the cut-out
Col_UK

by Fraz » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:29 am

the window guide in the door will be loose and thus causing the window to catch..or its out of alignment slightly

take door card off and the guide near edge has tow 10m bolts one at the bottom and on hidden under a rubber grommet at the top on the edge of the door where the window ends

make sure they are tight ...and if they are slacken the a tad , close the door and then try and tighten them in the close position
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 am

Tried the override button,did`nt do a thing :? only happens when the door is closed and not all of the time :x
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Col_UK » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:32 am

weird worked on mine fraz's idea sounds like it will tho
Col_UK

by Smurf » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:35 am

I had the same thing with my 8v Robbie. When I delocked it a few months ago I reseated the guide and haven't had it since.

I'm surprised you have an override button - I thought they were phased out in 93/94 time.
Smurf

by RobbieV » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:55 am

Cheers Guys gonna have a good look in the morning :wink: [img]/smile.gif[/img]

As for the override button, i had a spare one so change it as all the electrics are in the window button unit ( i think :? )

Once again cheers [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by CHARLIE » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:54 am

my passenger window does this when the door is shut, i have had the windows completely out to tint them + i put evrything back tight + as it shoud be, aparently if you hold your finger on the up button for more than 3 seconds this re-programmes the window to go all the away up it might be worth a try but it didnt work for me. im planning on replacing the rubber trim that the window rests on on the main body of the car at the top of the window, coz i think as its got old + worn it is fowling against the window. it is slightly dislodged + sometimes get a leak on this side when washing the cally.
CHARLIE

by Murdomac » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:35 am

I had exactly the same problem when I got my cally the cure - Vasiline, open the window and smear as much as you like into the window guide, open and close the window a couple of times and that it problem solved.
Murdomac

Headlamp wire colours?

by dazjb » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:14 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had exactly the same problem when I got my cally the cure - Vasiline<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
aaah, the wonders of Vaseline eh!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
dazjb

by dazjb » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:23 am

on a more serious note, had the same problem with my drivers window. I took the plastic grommet off from the inside edge of the drivers door. In there you can see a 10mm bolt which you can unscrew and slide as it sits on a rail to adjust the angle of the window, it didnt involve taking the door card off though.
dazjb

Foxy Lady on the other side!

by GaryM » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:32 am

I've been following this as I have the same problem.

The window closes fine when the door is open but when the door is shut the top back of the window rubs on the rubber strip on the car and it thinks there is something in the way.

When you undo the 2 rear guide bolts, which way can you adjust them, and what effect does this have?
GaryM