dodgy indicators....

Any electrical issues

by blueraven » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:35 am

ok..so my hazard light has never worked.

and every so often my indicators(like its happened 3 times in 2 yrs [img]/tongue.gif[/img] )dont flash, the light on the dash comes on but doesnt flash, and outside the lights are either totally off or totally on.... :evil:

and i just replaced the hazard switch and all was fine for a few days but now my indicators dont work (doing the same as above).

basically i have checked all fuses and even bought a new flasher unit (goes into the fuse box) and still no joy.

the symptoms are : when either putting indicators on or harard lights, the indicator light on the dash comes on and doesnt flash, and outside nothing happens at all...any ideas people ?[img]/sad.gif[/img][img]/sad.gif[/img] :cry: :evil:
blueraven

by Leigh » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:50 am

When they don't work, can you here the 'tick tick' of the relay that you hear when they are flashing correctly?

Sounds a likely suspect to me, tho I can't tell you whereabouts it's located..
Leigh

by blueraven » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:56 am

no i cant hear the 'tick tick'... which is why i thought it was the flasher unit in the fuse box [img]/sad.gif[/img] but i put a new one in and it made no difference... is there another relay?
blueraven

by Leigh » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:31 pm

Hmm, not sure, I thought there was only the one in the fuse box. Have you checked ALL the indicator bulbs (front and back) , maybe a loose bulb/connection would cause it, tho I'm guessing on that one.

I assume the replacement flasher unit is 'known good' , i.e it's been seen working on another car..?
Leigh

by leegsi » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:11 pm

I had the same problem, It was my indicator stalk that was the problem.

Cost £18 from Vauxhalls for a new one
leegsi

by blueraven » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:47 am

hmmmm i have been messing about near the stalk lately putting in new dials etc... might take a look at it...
blueraven

by blueraven » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:40 pm

fixed [img]/tongue.gif[/img]
turned out to be the hazard switch which is odd cos it has never worked.. and them somehow the indicator kept on going for a year [img]/tongue.gif[/img]
blueraven