Trip comp bulb - 509T without holder?

Any electrical issues

Trip comp bulb - 509T without holder?

by Leigh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am

I'm fairly sure that the trip comp bulb is a 509T like the other dash/volt&pil gauge bulbs etc , but can someoe confirm for me before I buy some?

Mine stopped working a few days ago, and when I tried to get the little b*gger out it broke, ended up taking the trip comp apart (which would have been quicker and easier in the first place to be honest!). The bulb was just 'bare' , not in one of the little twist holders like the dash ones are, for the LED replacements on various sites on the net, do they solder them into the holders, or should I be able to pop one of the bulbs out to use in the trip comp? (thinking I may as well at least replace the oil&volt gauge ones whilst I'm at it).

Leigh
Leigh

Re: Trip comp bulb - 509T without holder?

by Callyman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am

The buld doesnt have a holdar as such, it is bare and pushes in.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Fraz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:04 pm

always worth a look in the guides....you never know the very answer to your questions may be lurking waiting to be found

knowledge/kb_show.php?id=16
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Leigh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Ah, sorry Fraz, didn't spot them,
haven't been on for a while, rying to make a start on all the many jobs and get her back in better condition.
(and changing the bulb is the easiest by a long way!

Thanks for the pointers guys, I got a bulb tonight and it's illuminated again. Much easier to just take the unit apart tho, 2 mins with a screwdriver..
Leigh