Central Locking not working

Any electrical issues

Central Locking not working

by drharry » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi,

My central locking has stopped working, I checked the fuse (17, 20amp) and it is fine and getting power across the contacts, has anyone got any ideas whats wrong?

Harry
drharry

Re: Central Locking not working

by vaggelis00 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:59 pm

the central locking ECU propably
vaggelis00

by drharry » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Any idea what I should do next?
drharry

by Phantom » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:16 pm

does your car lock via the doorlocks?

if so take a door card off and operate the mirco switch manually to see if that works it

if it does then look at the rear of the door lock and you'll probably find the locking ring has broken off, that will be in the bottom of the door if it has
Phantom

by Tim2001 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 am

Define the stopped working does it lock then unlock or just nothing at all.

If its the former get the passenger lock and work it manually for a few times open and shut this sometimes siezes and needs a bit of help.
Tim2001

by drharry » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm

I took the interior panel of the inside of the door now everything is working fine. Will see what it is like with the panel refitted later
drharry

by Leigh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 pm

If it was literally just taking the panel off, might be the connecting rods getting stuck? They're the thin metal ones running all the way from the lock to the interior door handle (the ones that looks like a puzzle when you come to refit them the first time ...after not having made a note of what went to which bit...LOL)
Leigh

by drharry » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:18 pm

everything stopped working i have to manually lock each door (drivers with key) and the boot
drharry

by drharry » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 pm

When I turn the key the other door and boot dont lock. Am I right in assuming that hte microswitch on the barrel activates the locks on the passenger door and boot?
drharry

by drharry » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:25 pm

When I turn the key the other door and boot dont lock. Am I right in assuming that the microswitch on the barrel activates the locks on the passenger door and boot?
drharry