Speedo Not Working

Any electrical issues

Speedo Not Working

by BigG » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Guys/Gals,

Picked my new Cally up last weekend and the speedometer is not working, the car is an SE8 with 3.0L V6 conversion so is using the V6 wiring loom/clocks, the car is also fitted with a LSD so the Traction Control unit has been disconnected, do you think this is the reason that the speedo is not working? I know the speedo is electronic but dont know if the circuit runs through the TC unit or is there any other reason why it would not work - common problem with clocks for example?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions :D
BigG.....
BigG

Re: Speedo Not Working

by Stupink » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Whats an SE8 supposed to have in it?
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 pm

x20xev :alright:
vinny_69

by tazz666 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:19 pm

se8 has a cable driven speedo, when i converted the redtop i swapped the abs pump aswell to make sure the speedo would work properly aswell as the dash wiring loom :D
tazz666

by BigG » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:12 am

tazz666 wrote:se8 has a cable driven speedo, when i converted the redtop i swapped the abs pump aswell to make sure the speedo would work properly aswell as the dash wiring loom :D

Thanks for the info, have contacted the guy i bought it off and he says that the dash and full wiring loom is out of a Cally V6 but the ABS pump is the original SE8 item, will i just have to change purely the ABS pump for a V6 item then or is there more to it than that - is it a direct swap?

Thanks in advance,
BigG.....
BigG

by tazz666 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:23 am

i dont know mate but the two pumps do have different part nos
tazz666

by BigG » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 am

Do you know which wire it is that supplies the signal to the speedo, at least if i knew this i could remove the connector from the ABS system and see if the cable is present as listed in the ABS system details on www.v6calibra.net just dont want to end up changing the clocks and the speedo still not work :D

My thinking is that the connector is the same on the 2 different ABS units but obviously only the V6 one supplies the output, the car has the V6 clocks/loom but the signal is not been supplied to the clocks which would mean that if i change the ABS unit to a V6 one it should work???

Cheers again,
BigG.....
Last edited by BigG on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigG

by tazz666 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 am

i think it is red with a blue stripe mate, but im not sure i would have to check the wiring diagrams, i will get back to you on that one :D
tazz666

by BigG » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 am

Sorry have just edited previous post as you posted reply:D :D :D
BigG