Christmas lights come early

Any electrical issues

Christmas lights come early

by Russep00 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 am

Got in the calibra this morning & started her up and the whole of the upper left hand bank of warning lights lit up (about 6 of them) and were flashing sequentially across the row without consistent repitition . The car runs fine and the nature of the flashing doesn't give me any cause for concern but obviously its a bit odd. After 5 mins driving it stopped.

Could it be a dodgy earth, if so where??
1998 Calibra V6, 2001 Omega CDX Estate 2.6 V6, 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Christmas lights come early

by frankej » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:37 pm

think its common, in mine, the headlight one flashes on & off & the one for the breaks was doing same, all top left flashed in my 1st calibra but all light etc was working fine, hmmmm :think:
frankej

by RobbieV » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Not heard of that being a common problem, those described are the check control lights, i would check the control box first which is located above the glove box.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by frankej » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:33 pm

RobbieV wrote:Not heard of that being a common problem, those described are the check control lights, i would check the control box first which is located above the glove box.

all 3 calibras iv had have had the lights going on & off on dash, my 1st one was the worst. the one in garage headlight one comes on now & again but the headlights wer fine, & this one im using justnow has the headlight one flashing on & off all the time but headlights are fine, plus some other random light comes on, its the one like a circle with 3 lines each side of circle that also flashes looks a bit like: (O) :think:
frankej

by frankej » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm

thought i would join in with the lights thing, here's what mine's been doing today :mrgreen:
Attachments
dash01.JPG
dash01.JPG (13.57 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
dash02.JPG
dash02.JPG (13.03 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
dash03.JPG
dash03.JPG (16.32 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
frankej

by Russep00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:55 am

frankej wrote:
RobbieV wrote:Not heard of that being a common problem, those described are the check control lights, i would check the control box first which is located above the glove box.

all 3 calibras iv had have had the lights going on & off on dash, my 1st one was the worst. the one in garage headlight one comes on now & again but the headlights wer fine, & this one im using justnow has the headlight one flashing on & off all the time but headlights are fine, plus some other random light comes on, its the one like a circle with 3 lines each side of circle that also flashes looks a bit like: (O) :think:

The airbag is above the glove box so I assume I take the glove bopx out?? What does it look like? Thanks for the help
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 am

switch the car off, dont use it untill you've checked the voltage. funny dash light trickery is a tell tale your alternator is duff and is over charging, it will kill thebattery and potentially do damage to electronics if you're unlucky.

with engine running voltage over battery shouldnt be over 15v when revved.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Russep00 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am

Alternator is less than 12 months old and no indication of over charging from the voltmeter......

I'm interested in more info on the 'control box' if anyone has some......
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net