v6 alternator fitting.

Any electrical issues

v6 alternator fitting.

by flat-eric » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 pm

ok peeps, the new alternator was delivered the other week so i set about fitting it this morning :givemebeer:

and all in all it wasn't a massive job! people where telling me drop the wishbone and move the drive shaft over etc etc :huh: well i changed the thing over in just over half an hour without doing any of the above! granted it was tight but it wasn't that hard! :blob:
the only thing i can think of is that there must be a larger alternator on some models??? :shifty:

once fitted i turned the key and hey presto! the red battery ignition light came on and she fired up first time with a healthy 14.56 volts on the multi metre! so all in all im a happy chappy! :dude:

next job is to whack the new 17" borbets on from emma's written off turbo and get her down to the MOT station.
she needs a bit off work but she's 100% better than she was! :dance:

rob.
flat-eric

Re: v6 alternator fitting.

by v6 steve » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 pm

nice one mate its always good when you find it easy than thought :clap:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: v6 alternator fitting.

by flat-eric » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:09 pm

v6 steve wrote:nice one mate its always good when you find it easy than thought :clap:

i had to remove a sensor of some description as it was just in the way but yeh was a hell of a lot easier than i thought it would be.

rob.
flat-eric