se9 manual speedo off

Any electrical issues

se9 manual speedo off

by k1nty » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:49 pm

hi folks,just wondering if anyone can help,as title no speedo working,also speed related functions not working on trip comp,also noticed that tc and abs bulbs not illuminating(probably removed).just got car you see.how does car pick up its vehicle speed? s reg se9.is it abs sensor that gives car its speed signal.any help appreciated.

:D
k1nty

Re: se9 manual speedo off

by Fraz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 pm

the speed signal is taken from the front abs sensor (forget what one) so no doubt there is a problem with one or both of those
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:26 pm

update,checked fuses and replaced missing ones :shock: ,anyway speedo is back with fuel comp readings ,no tc or abs warning lamps...so i guess cluster needs to come out and replace bulbs ,abs is modulating between 25 mph down to 5 mph,probably sensor/ring issue obviously cant self diagnose with no lamp,and ive a feeling tc is faulty too but i think switch is working and disabling its system as its meant too .just been out and now and again when full throttle it sort of misses(as though its trying to control the throttle),press tc switch and it clears.its becoming clear that whoever pulled bulbs and fuses probably spent more time masking problems than repairing.

so ill check /fit tc and abs bulbs and read codes hopefully.ill get there lol
k1nty

by k1nty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 pm

ok lost oil pressure guage now...wheres the sender on the v6?is it easy to get to as its cold out these days lol.? :roll:
k1nty

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

remove the front drivers road wheel look at the engine , it is on the left hand side next to the bottom pulley :D
tazz666

by k1nty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 pm

yeah guage went(was working) off and stays right to 5 plus?oil pressure is fine.ill check the sender ,it bugs me not working lol.no havnt replaced the offending bulbs...funny enough the abs has been ok on and off last couple of days.need to do a few jobs and am trying to get cruise control bits and do together..bloody ebay is useless though :cry:

but on a plus side car is immense on fuel,nippy...loving it :mrgreen:
k1nty

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 pm

k1nty wrote:yeah guage went(was working) off and stays right to 5 plus?oil pressure is fine.ill check the sender ,it bugs me not working lol.no havnt replaced the offending bulbs...funny enough the abs has been ok on and off last couple of days.need to do a few jobs and am trying to get cruise control bits and do together..bloody ebay is useless though :cry:

i have cruise control on mine and it is a very easey mod to do :D
tazz666

by k1nty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 pm

tazz666 wrote:
k1nty wrote:yeah guage went(was working) off and stays right to 5 plus?oil pressure is fine.ill check the sender ,it bugs me not working lol.no havnt replaced the offending bulbs...funny enough the abs has been ok on and off last couple of days.need to do a few jobs and am trying to get cruise control bits and do together..bloody ebay is useless though :cry:

i have cruise control on mine and it is a very easey mod to do :D

theres an omega unit on ebay but no cable on it...bummer,ill keep hunting
k1nty

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 pm

i am using a cable from a sintra, as it gives more flexibility with positioning point of view,but if you pm the painter he has one lying about from his omega, and i will see if i have my old omega one lying around for you,infact the painter may sell the whole cruise control set up to you :D
tazz666

by k1nty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

tazz666 wrote:i am using a cable from a sintra, as it gives more flexibility with positioning point of view,but if you pm the painter he has one lying about from his omega, and i will see if i have my old omega one lying around for you,infact the painter may sell the whole cruise control set up to you :D

whos the painter lol? :think:
k1nty

by tazz666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:58 pm

thats his username so if you search members you will find him mate :D
tazz666

by k1nty » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 am

cheers taz,ive sent a p.m to him(the painter) :band:
k1nty