code 19 on v6

Any electrical issues

code 19 on v6

by BazV6er » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:11 pm

guys

callyman kindly did my sparkplugs today at his place and we took it for a spin to see if theres a difference in the power and we hit 4500 revs in 2nd gear and the ecu flashed on and the engine stuttered between 2nd and 3rd gear .so we got it back and did the paperclip test and it said it was 'code error 19' crank sensor but how much can i get these for and are they easy could i fit it?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: code 19 on v6

by k1nty » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 pm

just under oil filter....try cleaning end if its covered in crap when you remove.(front of engine if your not familiar with oil filter)
Last edited by k1nty on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k1nty

by Callyman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:52 pm

I checked the connector after it happened, and all looked fine.
I think the sensor might be shot or dirty etc
When accelerating gently all seems fine, but when you boot it it's holding back, almost feels like a misfire
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by k1nty » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

callyman wrote:I checked the connector after it happened, and all looked fine.
I think the sensor might be shot or dirty etc
When accelerating gently all seems fine, but when you boot it it's holding back, almost feels like a misfire

does the traction control work ok...try it the traction control off.
k1nty

by BazV6er » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 pm

im almost certain it does sound like the crankshaft sensor as it said on the paperclip test guys, it hit past 4500 revs and you can feel a slight lack in power and if you leave it a little longer the ecu flashed on and off and then you change to 3rd and you have a job getting upto say 80 ish on the fast roads eg motorways etc .no misfire when idling or reving engine only as andy said when you boot it is lacking .

on a personal note ive had this car over 2 years now and have only ever had to replace one of the knock sensors and two fuel leaks so maybe andy is right and its the sensor on its way out.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 pm

get new sensor, replace old sensor with new one, try car and report back .......simples
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BazV6er » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 pm

yep agreed lol
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm

either this will still be page one :x or we're on page two :banana-linedance:

EDIT - damn still page one :lol:
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Mark1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 am

One page will do thank you. :D :twisted:
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by T1N4 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Fraz wrote:get new sensor, replace old sensor with new one, try car and report back .......simples

You should know Baz by now nothing is ever simple :lol:
:shock: You think he's bad on here you should try living with him all ive heard since yesterday is crank sensor this crank sensor that :axed:
T1N4

by BazV6er » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

hey cmon guys , i can take loads from you lol :assshaking:

anyway i rang autovaux and they had last one of the shelf for £50 inc vat + delievery (didnt realise it was this expensive ) so thats been ordered now but i have been reading up about the crankshaft sensor and i was under the impression that it does several jobs ie one starts the car and another one with like the symptoms i was having

extract from alan knight"topbuzz":

1)
A Crankshaft Sensor (also known as a Crankshaft Angle Sensor - or CAS for short) watch's the position of the camshaft and its relationship with the piston position inside the engine. The CAS is an inductive signal generator, it measure reluctance. The CAS is typicality found on injection engines, and its an important sensor. Without it, the engine will not run at its optimum, and if faulty, the ECU warning light shall illuminate on the dash.

2)
How do I know if a CAS has malfunctioned?

As previously explained, the CAS is vital for the performance of the engine. It supplies a signal back to the ECU so it can calculate ignition timing and the correct fuelling. If the CAS is sending back incorrect data, the performance of the engine decreases significantly, even stop it from working.

However, to overcome this problem, the EMU can use a data map within its memory (which was set by the manufactures) which use some default values to regain correct fuelling and ignition.

But because this data is static and not true live data coming from a CAS, the performance isn't at its optimum. What this means is that the car may feel sluggish, but the car will still work. Also the ECU warning light will be illuminated on dash.

and this is what i had experieneced number 2

is this correct and is it located on the bottom of the block (the sensor)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BazV6er » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

ok thanks , all i know is it came up with code 19 (which ive looked on v6calibra.net and suggests its crankshaft sensor so it must be right. and as the car is running perfect with no problems revving and idleing.

Its running just as it always has , sweet lol .at first i looked and realised i was lokking at knock sensor which is just underneath the water hose to the left so i guess it would only be accessible via jacking the car up and below the exhaust manifold cover .
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Next