code 19 on v6

Any electrical issues

Re: code 19 on v6

by BazV6er » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

hey cmon guys , i can take loads from you lol :assshaking:

anyway i rang autovaux and they had last one of the shelf for £50 inc vat + delievery (didnt realise it was this expensive ) so thats been ordered now but i have been reading up about the crankshaft sensor and i was under the impression that it does several jobs ie one starts the car and another one with like the symptoms i was having

extract from alan knight"topbuzz":

1)
A Crankshaft Sensor (also known as a Crankshaft Angle Sensor - or CAS for short) watch's the position of the camshaft and its relationship with the piston position inside the engine. The CAS is an inductive signal generator, it measure reluctance. The CAS is typicality found on injection engines, and its an important sensor. Without it, the engine will not run at its optimum, and if faulty, the ECU warning light shall illuminate on the dash.

2)
How do I know if a CAS has malfunctioned?

As previously explained, the CAS is vital for the performance of the engine. It supplies a signal back to the ECU so it can calculate ignition timing and the correct fuelling. If the CAS is sending back incorrect data, the performance of the engine decreases significantly, even stop it from working.

However, to overcome this problem, the EMU can use a data map within its memory (which was set by the manufactures) which use some default values to regain correct fuelling and ignition.

But because this data is static and not true live data coming from a CAS, the performance isn't at its optimum. What this means is that the car may feel sluggish, but the car will still work. Also the ECU warning light will be illuminated on dash.

and this is what i had experieneced number 2

is this correct and is it located on the bottom of the block (the sensor)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: code 19 on v6

by BazV6er » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

ok thanks , all i know is it came up with code 19 (which ive looked on v6calibra.net and suggests its crankshaft sensor so it must be right. and as the car is running perfect with no problems revving and idleing.

Its running just as it always has , sweet lol .at first i looked and realised i was lokking at knock sensor which is just underneath the water hose to the left so i guess it would only be accessible via jacking the car up and below the exhaust manifold cover .
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Previous