Trip Computer

Any electrical issues

Trip Computer

by Calibra Chaz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I have picked up a trip comp for my SE8. Does anyone know if the wireing is already in place to conect it up or do i have to do it myself. Looked at the back of the clock and it lookes like a yellow plug is at the back which is not connected to anything. Anybody advise.
Reagrds
Chaz
Calibra Chaz

Re: Trip Computer

by k1nty » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 pm

yes thats the plug.you may need to cut the coin holder out for the switch and again the plug for the switch should be under allready too.hope this helps.what engine is the fuel comp programmed for?
k1nty

by Calibra Chaz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Mate.
That is good news.
I was told it was for the ecotech so should be ok. If its not can it be reprogramed.
Cheers
Chaz
Calibra Chaz

by k1nty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 am

there was a couple of people that did it with tech 2...so i suppose a dealer could if you cant find anyone...ouch.but as you say should be ok.there are buttons you can hold to check and see if its programmed correct for your car.
k1nty

by MartyG » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm

The plug for the switch wont be there on the SE8. i had to wire mine in myself.
MartyG

by tazz666 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm

MartyG wrote:The plug for the switch wont be there on the SE8. i had to wire mine in myself.

My uncle james's se8 didnt have it either niether did my redtop,what i find is if your car has leather from factory it will have the wiring for the switch , but all 94 onward calibra's have the plug behind the dash for the trip computer
tazz666

by Calibra Chaz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Cheers guys for all the info.
Will have a good look. The car is a 1998 and im sure it lookes like the right plug is tucked away at the back.
Regards
Chaz
Calibra Chaz

by BazV6er » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

thats strange because my old 16v on a l reg had the yellow plug
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am

my '93 had the yellow plug but no switch wiring...
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm

my 92 on a k 16v with cloth interior had yellow and switch wiring.just no wiring from bulkhead to outside temp switch.pot luck i guess.
k1nty

by tazz666 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:15 pm

k1nty wrote:my 92 on a k 16v with cloth interior had yellow and switch wiring.just no wiring from bulkhead to outside temp switch.pot luck i guess.

depends on the chassis break i think,i know that R chassis's have the yellow plug (93/94)
did yours have a digital clock or an analouge one?
as it may of been on the start of the change over :think:
to be honest im ont to sure
tazz666

by k1nty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:32 pm

tazz666 wrote:
k1nty wrote:my 92 on a k 16v with cloth interior had yellow and switch wiring.just no wiring from bulkhead to outside temp switch.pot luck i guess.

depends on the chassis break i think,i know that R chassis's have the yellow plug (93/94)
did yours have a digital clock or an analouge one?
as it may of been on the start of the change over :think:
to be honest im ont to sure

mine had the anologue clock in.i just unravelled the yellow plug behind stereo plugged in,plugged switch in under console(had to cut coin holder out).i had the blue red speed signal wire in loom.i also had the plugs for the heated seats .like i say only part missing was blue/white wire to outside temp sensor from bulkhead(was wired to car side of plug.) car is an aug 92 (first day of k reg i think)flame red 16v with cloth and non airbag originally.
k1nty