HELP.... Remote Locking Advice... (Again)

Any electrical issues

by craigmcd82 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:08 am

Hmmm... well, ive definitely got good connections including earth up as far the connector block, as ive checked every pin with where it should be coming from..... Il have to check higher up using a pin tho.

One thing is worrying me, and that is whether ive connected to the correct wires... I hope the confusion with the black / blue 'pair' hasnt messed it all up, and that Ive connected the brown / white, brown / red, and brown / black wires in the right place (I found these behind the passenger kick panel)...

However, the doors lock as i plug it in, so i assume the locking wire is correct, and the led lights up and the guy on the helpline said that means the black / blue is correct as it is interfacing with the standard alarm.

All I can think to do, if i cant sort it tomorrow, is put it all back together, and then maybe I could get your good self to have look at it when I eventually get my arse to a meet or event! [img]/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the ideas, theyre all appreciated as i might have done something stupid!
craigmcd82

by Leigh » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:24 am

I wonder if if it could be something as simple as the aerial wire is loose/disconnected inside?

I would have thought that pushing the fob button while it's right next to the unit would negate that potential problem tho.

Having said that, with my bad earth I was literally holding the remote next to the unit and tryin , with no success (I even trying swearing loudly at it at the same time , to try and alter th physical constants of space/time in the local vicinity...)
Leigh

by andycally » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Leigh+--><div class='quotetop'>(Leigh)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I even trying swearing loudly at it at the same time , to try and alter th physical constants of space/time in the local vicinity...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I knew it wasn't just me that did that!!! :mrgreen:

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]:D
andycally

by craigmcd82 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:53 am

I think we all do that!

Chris (alarmbod) has PM'd me (he's very helpful), and offered to have a look at it. All the functions seem to be working, except from the remote. So its lookng like it might be the remotes that arent working, or as chris has said, the reciever inside the Unit.

Once its been tested I'l know for sure... It might well be my wiring, but Chris has said to expect at least a click if there is power, but im getting nothing...

Il let you know how it goes, thanks for the advice though!
craigmcd82

by andycally » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:23 am

Hope you get it sorted soon mate!

I know how long you have been waiting to get this put in!

Good luck man!!

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]:D
andycally

by skellem » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:30 pm

I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but did you earth it to a wire, or to the bodywork??
skellem

by craigmcd82 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:28 am

Bodywork. Would it make a difference ?

I checked the wires using a pin like you suggested. To check the earth, i put the negative end of the multimeter on the screw that holds the white button (the one lets the car know the door is open) to the door frame. Also used the door hinge itself to double check. The positive end was on a pin in the green wire going into the box. Both earth points showed a good connection....

although, i dont think it would do things like click the relay and make the LED flash when used from the key, if there was a bad earth... :?

Chris on the helpline has offered to test it for me if I send it to him. However with out the box in place, or some wiring changes, the car wont deadlock or alarm. I off for 2 weeks on holiday, starting sunday, and I didnt fancy not having an alarm or deadlocking!

Also, the LED is now in the dash, and without the unit it wont flash, and I didnt wanna park it somewhere with a non-lit led on view... if that makes sense?

SO.... ive decided to hang on to it as it is for 2 weeks, then when im back I'l send the unit and remotes off to Chris for testing, and hopefully it will work out.

Il keep you updated sa to what happens [img]/wink.gif[/img]
craigmcd82

Previous