newbie with central locking question

Any electrical issues

newbie with central locking question

by dji8785 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 pm

hi all, i've acquired my mates 8v calibra.

last year i changed the cloth interior to leather from a v6, and afterwards, the central locking has been playing up.

sometimes it works fine (by turning the key in the drivers lock) it will unlock or lock everything.

but the problem occurs and is now bugging the life out of me, the cntral lockng isn't working, and when i put the key in the igniton barrel, and either turn it to start or full iginition without cranking it, then remove the key, all doors will either unlock or lock themselves, and i can't then lock the doors from the drivers door, or unlock them all.

have had the drivers door card in bits, and disconnected the lock and tried the above, but it still won't re-set itself, am going to remove the passenger door card and try playing about with that over the weekend, but if there is a common fault people are having then i would really appreciate some help as i can't seem t fathom this one out.

thanks

dan
dji8785

Re: newbie with central locking question

by Jamesyboy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 pm

If you dont solve the problem could you not just remove the central locking? You would only have 1 door to reach over and undo when needed.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by dji8785 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 am

i could do, but its strange that its taking its signal from the ignition being turned on or off.

i'd like to get to the bottom of it though.

thanks
dji8785

by Mark1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 am

Have you checked the relay?
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by dji8785 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 am

which one is the central locking relay?
has anyone got a wiring /fusebox diagram

thanks

dan
dji8785

by dji8785 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:29 pm

no fancy alarm to my knowledge, its being a bit intermittant at the moment.
this morning i went to it and it unlocked everything, then when i drove to work and turned the key off and remoed it, it didn;t lock (as it would do) but went back to it a couple of hurs later and it had locked itself.
started it up to move it and when i turned it off again, it locked itself.

this is gettin on my chimes a bit now, gonna get the passenger door card out one evening, but if someone could let me know where the central locking relay is i can sort out getting a new one to eleimnate that.

thanks
dan
dji8785

by RobbieV » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Central locking module is located behind the drivers side lower kick panel.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net