Engine change, fried immobiliser. How to fix?

Any electrical issues

Engine change, fried immobiliser. How to fix?

by CallyBird » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 2.5 V6 1997 Calibra. We changed the engine a few months ago (old one died in the freeze last winter) and used a Vectra 2.5 V6 one. Think it is the Ecotec, same as i had.

Basically it wont start, we plugged into it and it read a fault from the immobiliser, which as you know is in the ECU.

So basically i need a new ECU, but do i need one from a Vectra to match the engine, or from a Cailbra? We didn't change the loom or anything.

And will i have to have new keys? or can these be re-programmed. Is it like the Vectra where you just need to put it in the ignition and it programmes or would i have to take to Vauxhall.

I need this done as cheaply as possible as have no extra money. Which is why i have not got an Auto-electrician on the case.

Would really appreciate any help on this, as i have tried to sell it, with no luck and i just cant bring myself to break for spares :(
CallyBird

Re: Engine change, fried immobiliser. How to fix?

by CallyBird » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The error was "incorrect immobiliser signal"

I dont have security codes that i know of no.

How about this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-calibra- ... arParts_SM

Or no i need a transponder and key set dont i, cos i dont have any security codes...
CallyBird

by Fraz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

you will need to get the transponder sender unit that is around the ignition barrel the key (or the chip out the key) and the ecu that is matched to them all

you can request the pass code from vauxhall it will cost about £25 and then get someone to change the programme for you, or buy one of them of ebay and do it yourself, but you cant do it without the pass code
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by LE16 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm

This is an odd topic because my LET ECU worked with the transponder from my SE5 and the original ECU set up.
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by ninestar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:45 am

Mate I've had exactly the same problem, including being low on cash

How did you go ?

I had a v6 engine with wiring dropped into an old 4 cylinder and she stared a few times but wouldn't start again consistently now won't go at all. Tech has tried to 'bypass' the immobiliser etc but no joy.

I'd be interested in how you went -- what did you end up replacing to get it going ?

Cheers bud
ninestar