Simtec 56.1

Any electrical issues

Simtec 56.1

by sparkyjohnmarky » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help with the immobiliser after checking all the wiring again, the immobiliser does appear to be turned off.

I have read a number of posts on the forum, with reference to high voltages. one of the website, recommended for information on extracting codes from the simtec ECU, is www.topbuzz.co.uk. It recommends having the car running, so that false codes are not sent to the ECU.

I have a 94 ecotech with the ten pin ALDL and can only extract the codes when the engine isn't running. I have tried shorting out pins A & B, then starting the engine but the EML just stays lit. If I do the same without the engine running and just the ignition turned on the EML will flash and start its download cycle.

Is this correct?

The codes extracted from the ECU are:

39 Lambda Sensor voltage high
52 Fault Code Light voltage high
91 Lambda Sensor Heater voltage High
92 Camshaft Sensor incorrect signal

I bought a new battery in July and it has slowly got weaker and weaker, until this morning when I tried to start car and the battery was dead. I managed to get a jump start and took the car on a 50 mile journey mainly on fast A roads, so got some juice back in the battery. When I got home I left the car for a couple of hours, then tested the battery at idle it started off at 14.6v, but after a few mins of idling it shot up to 15.7V, also tested the battery with heated seats, heated rear window, heater and lights all turned on and got 13.4v.

Does this mean the alternator is shot?

Regards
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Simtec 56.1

by tazz666 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 am

you may have to get hold of tech 1 to read the ecu properly mate , but im sure someone will come along who may know better than i
tazz666

by k1nty » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 am

alternator is overcharging and causing those high voltage issues.renew it.
k1nty

by v6 steve » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 am

im sure if you do it with the engine off it brings up fault with the camshaft sensor 31 IIRC but all the other codes will read right
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sparkyjohnmarky » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 am

Cheers Guys

A new alternator it is then.

Regards