Remote central locking

Any electrical issues

by fatboy_v6 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:27 pm

I've just brought a remote central locking kit from vauxhall online but it's not the same as the one in the technical guide. It's a system 90 and the unit number is 903 and the part number is 91145876. It says it's compatible with the 901 and 901f alarm systems. Does anyone know if they've sent me the wrong kit by mistake? There's not as many wires only 3 connectionbs to make and the other five have a plug on the end.
fatboy_v6

Sex education 2004 styleeee

by andycally » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:05 pm

System 90 is the kit that the VAST majority of people who get RCL get.

Loadsa people here have it

[img]/biggrin.gif[/img]:D
andycally

by Leigh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:57 pm

Hmm , part number on my duff control box is 91145514,

and it DEFINATELY had LOTS of wires...
(as you can see in the guide anyway..)
this is a pic I took during installation of the passenger side (further wiring on drivers side as well..)
Leigh

by fatboy_v6 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:44 pm

That's the problem. I don't have anywhere near that amount of wires. There are two bunches of wires that come from mine. One has four wires with a plug at the end and the other one has just three.
fatboy_v6

by skellem » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:13 pm

Well, it may be for a specific vehicle, not for a wide range, hence the plug. It might be worth sending it back and ordering the other one from Autovaux.

I'll drop our resident alarm guru an email and ask him to pop his head in [img]/wink.gif[/img]
skellem

by alarmbod » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-fatboy_v6+--><div class='quotetop'>(fatboy_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've just brought a remote central locking kit from vauxhall online but it's not the same as the one in the technical guide. It's a system 90 and the unit number is 903 and the part number is 91145876. It says it's compatible with the 901 and 901f alarm systems. Does anyone know if they've sent me the wrong kit by mistake? There's not as many wires only 3 connectionbs to make and the other five have a plug on the end.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks to Skellem for the email - been working away all week, and literally just walked into the house from a 3 hr drive from London this time of night! :roll:

What you have there as you say is the 903, which is only suitable as a remote upgrade for the 901 & 901F alarm systems, which were accessory fit alarms. There is no physical way it can be connected to the factory fit alarm or even bodge wired to fit to get remote locking, sorry [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Suggest you get onto whoever supplied it to you pronto, as it aint suitable for what you need [img]/wink.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by fatboy_v6 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:43 am

Ok cheers. Will be throwing it back at vauxhall later today then.
fatboy_v6