Speedo and Oil Gauge

Any electrical issues

Speedo and Oil Gauge

by BMJ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,
My oil guage sometimes goes nuts, siting on over 5 bar, even on idle siting on 4 bar. To address this i've cleaned the connectors on the oil pressure sender, which only seems at times to fix the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Also

The speedo seems to sit on zero and idle and tick between 0-10, on accleration it will initially sit on zero and then suddenly pop up to the right speed. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks guys for your thoughts.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Speedo and Oil Gauge

by Fraz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm

BMJ wrote:Hi Guys,
My oil guage sometimes goes nuts, siting on over 5 bar, even on idle siting on 4 bar. To address this i've cleaned the connectors on the oil pressure sender, which only seems at times to fix the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?.

change the sender unit

BMJ wrote:The speedo seems to sit on zero and idle and tick between 0-10, on accleration it will initially sit on zero and then suddenly pop up to the right speed. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

could be the speedo cable or the speedo drive bit in the gear box ...cable is a bit harder to change than the gear box sender so would try that first ..its only plastic so might be worn
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Speedo and Oil Gauge

by BMJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks Fraz, I'll look into it. :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net