Headlight Upgrade

Any electrical issues

Re: Headlight Upgrade

by acanais80 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Pinner-man wrote:I have seen several videos on UTube and read descriptions on sellers websites about LED bulbs. There does not seem one definite answer to whether they are suitable for UK usage, whether they give a brighter and better focussed light beam than HIDS, or whether the best versions have external heat sinks and voltage converters. In fact nothing seems to be agreed assurances deces, so I have decided to take the plunge. I have ordered a version that does not have a bulky rear heat sink and therefore will be a direct replacement for the H1 standard bulb. The website states that the bulb has an expected life of 50000 hours, I think that should be sufficient. I will fit them to the dipped beam slot and see how they perform. I will post my findings, wish me luck.

Regards

I did not know there was that kind of equipment. In fact I'm used to the classic type of vacuum cleaner. In short, now I know and I will get it.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Pinner-man » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:04 pm

The issue of my headlight upgrade took a back seat during the long period that it took to resolve the ECU problem on my ECOTEC. However I am pleased to say that the ECU fault has been fixed, the performance and petrol consumption have returned to normal. Therefore I thought I go back to trying to upgrade my headlights. The previous posts of this topic discuss HIDs, LEDs etc. My experience with LEDs was disappointing and as I said the HIDs I fitted to the dipped beam my 8V were brilliant - pardon the pun and I would be quite happy to fit them to my current car. However I was wondering, if in year or so that has past are there are any new alternatives available, are there any truly H1 compatible LED bulbs available and has anyone fitted them.

Regards
Pinner-man.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Cliff » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm

I’m running extra bright halogens. Honestly while the xenon attracted me, the hassle of switching them for MOT was more effort than it was worth. I did a comparison between extra bright halogen and xenon - xenon are on top:

Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous