'94 V6 Immobiliser questions

Any electrical issues

'94 V6 Immobiliser questions

by Adrian » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:55 pm

I have two RK 119 fobs that look just like these (a pic I found elsewhere):
Only one works and I'm getting nervous that it will pack up as well soon.
The fob that doesn't work has a good battery and the red led on the fob flashes when the button is pressed but it doesn't disable the immobiliser.
I know these use the rolling code principle and in theory can get de-synchronised. I don't understand how you're supposed to deal with this as I can't find any discussion about it.

I did find out that other applications for the same RK 119 fob seem to be for Porsche and Ferrari keyless entry systems and I've seen talk of using the ignition key to enter a pin code that permits a new fob to be added to the system. Do we know of any similar method for the Calibras that used these or a technique to re-sync a fob?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: '94 V6 Immobiliser questions

by Adrian » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Amazing. Just tried it again (probably after a few dozen failed presses) and it just worked! Some inscrutable logic appears to have gotten it back in sync again.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 am

They look like they’re aftermarket - do you know the make/model of the immobiliser?
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Adrian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Cliff wrote:They look like they’re aftermarket - do you know the make/model of the immobiliser?

Hi Cliff, the remote fob is made by Bosch and the model no. printed on it is RK 119
I'm not sure if this is paired with the VIM 129 system or not. All I know is that it just operates the factory installed immobiliser as fitted by Vauxhall in 1994.
I mention the VIM 129 because of this post I found on migweb
Unfortunately there's no picture of the single button fob but it is described as RK 113 which seems pretty close.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Hmm, there’s not much info available sadly. Beyond your search I couldn’t really find anything. Sounds like they have some reputation for playing up though - no doubt age related like everything else.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help :(
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Adrian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 pm

No worries Cliff, thanks for having a look. I'm well familiar with pulling modules out an re-soldering fractured relay connections - the fuel pump relay in particular. It seems the immobiliser can suffer a similar fault.

But in this case I think the fob might have come back to life after I pulled the battery out and put it back in. I had been trying it repeatedly without it working although the fob LED would flash, then I took it apart to do some basic testing. it was only later that I had put it back together and without thinking (because it was still on the key ring) pressed it and found it worked. Simple solution if it was that.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net