Wiring voltmeter up

Any electrical issues

by martynlewins » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:09 pm

HI, How would i wire the voltmeter up without having the plug on the loom? Is there a simple way of doing this?

Any help would be appreciated as i dont think the connections are there for them [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Martyn
martynlewins

by Fraz » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:50 pm

if you get the plug from a floppy disk drive...with a little trimming this fits

you then run a feed from a ignition live ...I ran mine to the back of the fuse box , but cant remember which fuse I used ...sorry

I took the illumination from the clock...that way the lights dim with the dash dimmer switch ..earth I tapped into the cigarette lighter one
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by martynlewins » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:22 pm

Cool cheers fraz, what about for the oil pressure [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Martyn
martynlewins

by robbie601 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:54 pm

The oil pressure dial uses the same voltage feed as the voltmeter however it also needs a resistance feed from the oil pressure sender which you will most likely have to replace as the standard one doesn't have an output for this. Vaux want about £90 for it but I've just bought one from Autovaux for £30. If you don't put the resistance feed on the oil dial will spin right round and will probably result in damage so I would leave the 12v ignition off until this is wired in as well.
robbie601

by Fraz » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:55 pm

resistance feed?????????? its a simple earth wire from the screw connection on the sender unit any old wire does the job
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net