misfirering on boost

Any electrical issues

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:10 pm

my car is missfiring when it comes on boost it seems like an ignition breakdown i cleaned out the dizzy cap does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?? any advice e- mail me at <a href="mailto:olly_winslade@hotmail.com">olly_winslade@hotmail.com</a>

many thanks
4x4Turbo

missing on boost! Help!

by Admin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:17 pm

Replace the Plugs, Rotor Arm, HT leads, Dizzy Cap.

You would be amazed at how much these can break down over time.
Admin

by Stupink » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:26 pm

yup.. if they're old get um changed out..

Is it a standard car? what boost is it running do you know?
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:02 pm

its running 17 psi i'll get all that what youve said and give it a go!! does anyone also know about intercoolers!! ive got a big intercooler to put in the front but wondered if it would be ok to run threw my standard intercooler aswell giving me alot of cold charge!!!
4x4Turbo

by SukySaggi » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:04 pm

No. Don't link the FMIC in series to the old one. Check out JohnA's site. <a href="http://www.max-boost.co.uk" target="_blank">www.max-boost.co.uk</a> He gives you all the details in there.
SukySaggi

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:08 pm

ok i'll have a look at that site but how come you say dont link them??? surely its got to be better hasnt it???
4x4Turbo

by SukySaggi » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:20 pm

No. It's all down to the change in air temp and the efficientcy of the FMIC and drop in pressure. Read the site it all in there.
SukySaggi

by Stupink » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:54 pm

Ahh.. uprated boost... see TB303's threed, similar problem.. running that sort of boost first thing to check is plugs [img]/smile.gif[/img] and plug gaps [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by 4x4Turbo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:57 pm

STU,
regal autosport supplied me with the plugs when i had it chipped etc so i assume the plugs would be ok cos that was my first thought!! and because they have got 3 pins on the bottom its hard to adjust the gap
4x4Turbo

by markwilliams » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:43 am

my motor was the same i had to reduce the sparkplug gap from 0.8 to 0.5 that should sort it
markwilliams

by Kieran_Burns » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:05 am

I would also strongly recommend that you get the fuelling checked and do it properly... if you are running lean (which can cause this misfire) you are in danger of melted pistons.

Sparks et al are a good start and I was in the middle of this fault finding exercise when cyliners 2 & 3 let go and I was faced with an engine rebuild.
Kieran_Burns

by Stupink » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:16 pm

17psi? held or overboost? what chipset is that then?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net