Battery

Any electrical issues

Leaking buttons!??

by SukySaggi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:23 pm

I think I've got a bit of dodgy battery but not sure. Last week I left my boot open for about 20 mins and when I tried to start the car it wouldn't and went flat. (ie click click noise.) [img]/sad.gif[/img] Got a jump start from my dad and its been ok. [img]/smile.gif[/img] Went to pick up my daughter from school yesterday. Stopped the car, went out and picked her up, got back to the car about 10 mins later and it wouldn't start again. [img]/sad.gif[/img] Tried again and ended up flattening it again. (more click clicking). :cry: Waited about 10 minutes and it started fine. :? Got home opened the bonnet and found white bird poo all over the positive (+) terminal. :shock: Used boiling water on the poo and got out the battery charger/tester. Checked the battery and it was 80% good.
It appears to be the original battery and you can still just about see the green dot in it. Do I need to change it or is there something sinister going on?
SukySaggi

by RobbieV » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:54 pm

Sounds to me like a dead cell, go to one of those Kwik-Fit places and ask for a battery check most of them dont charge.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dan Willis » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:54 pm

Could be a dodgy battery - my 911 was fine but then the battery discharged. It seemed fine after a charge but would then discharge all by itself. New one solved it.

Yours doesn't sound the same... but that would be my first avenue.
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by chief » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:19 pm

are you doing a lot of short trips, if so then your battery may not be getting chance to recharge its a common problem at this time of year.
chief

by Rusty_CallyT » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:00 pm

the white stuff was probably corrosion and causing a crap connection to the car, use vasline on the terminals and connectors (sorry if u already know this, dont wanna offend any1)
Rusty_CallyT