Vx remote locking kit

Any electrical issues

by GaryM » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:43 pm

My car had the remote locking when I bought it, but one of the remotes has never worked.

Is it possible that it needs "coding" to the car, and if so can you tell me how to do it.

Or is it bin fodder.

Thanks.
GaryM

by RobbieV » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:52 pm

Hi, There is a helpline number with the fitting instructions which is - 01926 408208 prehaps they can help [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GaryM » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:16 pm

As you may have seen on .com, my first remote is also a bit dodgy.

This is even more scary when I have no door locks [img]/sad.gif[/img] :shock: [img]/ohmy.gif[/img]

As you can imagine I'm quite keen to get the 2nd remote working, otherwise I think I'd better buy a new kit.
GaryM

by RobbieV » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:23 pm

Autovaux do the kit, cant remember the price. If you do go for a new RCL kit theres an excellent Tech guide here which i used for fitting mine,one of the great advantages of this site :wink: [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GaryM » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:23 pm

Robbie I tried the number but all I got on my mobile was number not in use.

I found another number though (on a copied set of instructions on this site, can't remember exactly where) and it turns out it's a company called Liteon (lite on), and.........

For Kenny and anyone else who it applies to.

They sell spare remotes...yay... [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

You send them a cheque for £22 and the number on the sticker inside the remote (on the back of the chip) and they send you a new one.

For £12 they will also re-solder a faulty one, so tomorrow I'm sending them a dodgy one and buying a new one too, so hopefully my existing one will lock/unlock just a few more times.

It took me another ten minutes to lock at dinnertime today, I'll have to talk very nicely to it for 2 or 3 more days until my new ones come then I'm gonna stomp on it big time :twisted:

I rang Autovaux and they wanted £75 +vat for a new kit, so £34 for 2 working remotes sounded good.

For anyone that wants the number (I hope they don't get swamped before they do mine :wink: ) it's........

........02476 375999
GaryM

by Leigh » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:34 pm

Was the kit fairly straighforward to fit, if you're not an electronics genius?

I had a very quick skim through the install instructions on the site and it doesn't sound too bad, tho wether I'd say that when I'm crouched on the floor with half the loom around my knees is another matter!
Leigh

by skellem » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:55 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I found another number though (on a copied set of instructions on this site, can't remember exactly where)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good thing I scanned those instructions then :wink:
skellem

by skellem » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:58 pm

Leigh, all you need is a multimeter and a bit of sense. p**s easy mate! I've done it twice now... [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
skellem

by Tim2001 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:01 am

Think yourselfs lucky I have a nice remote locking system except in one area of my hometown where I cant use it as there is a radio transmitter there that interferes with it. To add insult to injury this also operates the immobiliser so even when I have climbed in through the boot (no door locks) I still have to get the codes out to reset it all.

Tim
Tim2001

by GaryM » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Kenny+--><div class='quotetop'>(Kenny)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->gary,

does your busted remote still light up? I was messing about with the other one... nothing happened... lit up .... and nothing... annoying its like its lost its code or something. Strange that its affecting both spare remotes...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes Kenny,

The little red light always lights up, whether the remote works or not.

I'm hoping it's on a different circuit to the part that sends the signal, because the one that's never worked lights up as well as the one that sometimes works.

If it turns out I'm wrong then I'm Donald Duck'd !! (Have to buy a new kit :cry: )

Should have it on Thursday with a bit of luck, I'll let you know if it works.

BTW, I now can't get it to work at all so I've had to park it so close to a wall one side and park the Mrs' car the other side so that no-one can get in.
Plus I'll have to park it where I can see it at work too. Nightmare.
GaryM

by GaryM » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-skellem+--><div class='quotetop'>(skellem)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I found another number though (on a copied set of instructions on this site, can't remember exactly where)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good thing I scanned those instructions then :wink:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I knew it was from one of you "clever" guys :wink:

TYVM [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
GaryM

by RobbieV » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Leigh+--><div class='quotetop'>(Leigh)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Was the kit fairly straighforward to fit, if you're not an electronics genius?

I had a very quick skim through the install instructions on the site and it doesn't sound too bad, tho wether I'd say that when I'm crouched on the floor with half the loom around my knees is another matter!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi, i aint too clever myself but will give anything a go, i spend most of my time fixing things with my trusty club hammer. I fitted my RCL kit going by the tech guide on here (Big thumbs up to Gunter&Ben) and it works :shock: [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
Where abouts on this island are you, maybe one of us can give you a hand.

Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GaryM » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:47 pm

I decided I couldn't wait for another day with no locks or alarm so I went there in my dinner hour today (took 2, bloody A5).

They had my new remote ready and repaired BOTH of my old ones while I waited.

I also wanted to buy a new dashboard LED coz the wire had broken off mine, and without me saying anything else he was out there soldering it in!!

Thoroughly recommended for any Vx alarm problem, as they make them for Vx, amongst others.

Top blokes [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] 8)
GaryM

HIC? Insurance phone number.

by turbo_mike » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:27 am

about the vaux remote locking kit, how much is it any idea? by the way that guide for fitting it is excellent
turbo_mike

music downloads

by Leigh » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:04 pm

I ordered one from Autovaux yesterday, reckons approx £60 + VAT, my local Vaux dealer said £69+VAT, so after delivery from Autovaux it will probably work out around the same price, but I'm getting a few other odds & ends from Autovaux as welll, plus it's easier getting it delivered to work than getting up early on a saturday to leg it to the dealer (don't work anywhere near it and they won't do over the phone payment!).

Just gotta wait for it to arrive now,Autovaux said it just depends if there supplier has any on the shelf or has to order it, but Vaux said the same thing, and no horrendous hurry, it's a w/end job for me anyway.
Leigh

Next