Vx remote locking kit

Any electrical issues

by BenW » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:45 pm

So, you lot that have these kits installed...how long does your remote's battery last? Mine is starting to conk out already (been using it since...er...whenever the tech guide was produced, can't be more than 3 months ago) and expected it to last AGES. The battery in my Clifford remote on my last car lasted years. :?

Either that or the remote is dodgy...
BenW

by Leigh » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:12 pm

Got my remote kit this morning from Autovaux, my remotes have green LED's instead of red, .

I completely forgot however that as standard it doesn't deadlock the car...d'oh.

Has anyone got the info regarding changing the passenger door lock motor for a drivers side one, to enable remote deadlocking?
I've got the motor (bought not long after I got the car!), but I think some people said you have to make a small circuit to go in between, with a resistor etc etc..

Hopefully gonna fit the remote kit at the weekend (or even on wednesday if I have the day off), so I guess I could always fit it and manually deadlock until I've got the info to do the motor swap...
Leigh

by Leigh » Mon May 03, 2004 11:44 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GaryM+--><div class='quotetop'>(GaryM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Robbie

You send them a cheque for £22 and the number on the sticker inside the remote (on the back of the chip) and they send you a new one.

For £12 they will also re-solder a faulty one, so tomorrow I'm sending them a dodgy one and buying a new one too, so hopefully my existing one will lock/unlock just a few more times.

It took me another ten minutes to lock at dinnertime today, I'll have to talk very nicely to it for 2 or 3 more days until my new ones come then I'm gonna stomp on it big time :twisted:

For anyone that wants the number it's........
........02476 375999<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Looks like they got around to updating the instructions at some point, the contact number for support on my booklet is the number quoted above, it's on a sticker put over the original one.

Gary, how long had you had your faulty remote when it stopped working?
What you describe sounds very similar to what I've experience in the whole few hours of having them out of the box! One remote seemed much easier to arm/disarm with than the other, and then that one just stoped working. I can't have used it more than 30 times in total!

Hopefully Autovaux will be amiable enough to get me a replacement as I only just bought the kit from them, and I don't class a couple of hours as 'fair wear and tear' !

How are the replacement fobs holding up? do they arm/disarm without problem now. Do Liteon also sell spare batteries for them, or have you found somewhere else that does that particular size?
cheers,
Leigh

=========
UPDATE
=========
Looks like Maplins have the right size, quick search and I found item "JG91Y" , top of the battery list, 12V 23A. 99p each , gets cheaper buying 5, 10 etc. Wonder what the vaux price is....LOL
Dimensions seem to match as well, gonna nip round to the local branch in a minute and see..
Leigh

by alarmbod » Wed May 12, 2004 3:27 pm

I am one of the people that run the helpline mentioned a few times in this thread, and after someone mentioned the site to me on the phone today thought I'd register & have a nose at whats being said! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Firstly, replacement remotes:
There are two versions of the remotes used with these kits (depending on the age of the kit!)
The ones with RED led's are £22 (these are the early versions)
The ones with GREEN led's are £27.50 (these are the later 'code hopping' ones.
If you have a remote that doesnt work and is 12 months old or less, then it can be replaced under warranty FOC - just give me a call on the helpline and I'll be happy to give you the info on what to do!
Once 12 months old then we do offer a repair service. For a red light remote the cost is £12 or for a green light one it's £15 - you will only get a limited warranty on the repair though, as these things will only last so long!

As already mentioned, the phone number for the helpline is 02476 375999 - just ask for Chris (that's me) :wink:
alarmbod

by Leigh » Wed May 12, 2004 6:26 pm

Hi Chris , I'm who you spoke to on the phone today, glad you popped in to look around.

So that's why I've got green LED's on my remotes, was wondering about that, thought maybe someone just got bored with the RED or they ran out!

I posted mine off to you recorded delivery just after work tonight (JUST managed to catch the post office b4 it closed), so hopefully you should have it tommorow or friday.
Thanks for the help/info on the phone earlier as well.
Leigh

by alarmbod » Wed May 12, 2004 9:37 pm

Will keep an eye on the post and make sure it gets sorted nice & quick for you Leigh [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by Admin » Wed May 12, 2004 9:40 pm

Hi Chris,

Great to have you on here, and hope that you stay about to offer help/advice. If you have anything that you think would be of use then please mail it to me (admin@clubcalibra.net) and we can add the information into the site.

Admin
Admin

by alarmbod » Wed May 12, 2004 9:50 pm

Well I've had a nose round the site and I'm very impressed with the 'how to' thats been done for this remote kit [img]/wink.gif[/img]
I can offer assistance on any of Vauxhall's accessory fit alarms made since about 1991, but wiring info on the Thatcham approved system (if anyone has one!) that was put on the Cally's I'm happy to discuss by pm, but not in public for obvious reasons.
Oh, and if anyone has a Bosch remote immobiliser (mainly V6's) I cant help with that!
alarmbod

x20xev ecotec cally

by skellem » Wed May 12, 2004 9:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-alarmbod+--><div class='quotetop'>(alarmbod)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well I've had a nose round the site and I'm very impressed with the 'how to' thats been done for this remote kit [img]/wink.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uuuhhmm...eerrrmm... [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice to see mine and ben's work's appreciated :nana:
skellem

by Leigh » Wed May 12, 2004 11:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-alarmbod+--><div class='quotetop'>(alarmbod)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Will keep an eye on the post and make sure it gets sorted nice & quick for you Leigh [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanx Chris [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Something I thought of but forgot to ask earlier actually..

Do you know if you could (either with an 'official' addon or other part) wire in, without too much hassle, a 'sounder' , linked to the arm/disarm, in the same way that the hazzards get flashed by the system90 box?)

I'm thinking along the lines of the alarms that go 'beep beep' or 'chirp chirp' when you arm / disarm (e.g like the tone/noise Vin Diesels alarm makes in Fast & the Furious for example).

Not really so much for the pose value (well, ok a little bit maybe :-)
, but more as an added indictator as to the status, sometimes it's hard to see in the sunlight (all 2 days a year of it here in the UK) if the hazzards have flashed once/twice/at all)

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to wire something in line with the hazzard wiring from the remote box, but I'd prefer an experts view , especially if it's already been done.
Leigh

by alarmbod » Thu May 13, 2004 12:24 am

Easy m8, you're going along the right lines by saying you can pick up the indicator output, but you would be best to use the indicator output to switch a relay that then powers a siren.
Bare in mind though that this is a pulsing output so while it will sound ok for arm/disarm beeps, depending on the siren you use, will sound pretty naff in a trigger situation!

Also remember to connect onto the 'feed' side of the inline fuse of the indicator wire- otherwise if someone fuses the indicators in an attempt to disable the alarm, the siren wont get it's signal to sound [img]/wink.gif[/img]
You would also need to put a diode into the indicator wire you use, otherwise the siren will sound when you indicate when driving!
alarmbod

by Leigh » Thu May 13, 2004 10:51 am

Hmm, didn't think about it going off when the hazzards flash when alarm is triggered (hopefully never...apart from me testing!).

Maybe I could run it from my currently unused door lock (BROWN/RED) to get a 'chirp' when it locks, . Wish I had a spare car that I could mess around with without worrying about screwing up and not being able to drive :-). Maybe one of the more electrically/electronically gifted members of the site, (yourself included!) can come up with something. Should be fun walking into Maplins and saying "I wan't an alarm chirper please". Have to listen to them first of course, couldn't have something that sounded naff!

You might wanna go into your profile as well alarmbod, you're not in our timezone at the moment :-)
Leigh

by alarmbod » Thu May 13, 2004 6:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Leigh+--><div class='quotetop'>(Leigh)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You might wanna go into your profile as well alarmbod, you're not in our timezone at the moment :-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

erm...... if you're referring to the fact my last post was timed at 12.24am, that is the time I made the post :oops: :wink:

Guess you could use the lock/unlock wires from the remote, but they are very short pulses (1 second) and you'll find most sirens wont have reached full volume in that shorter amount of time..
You could use them though if you get a timed output relay, or create a small electronic timer circuit. Im good with electronic repair & fault finding, but circuit design is something I havent done since I left college with my C&G certificates over 10 years ago :shock:
alarmbod

by BenW » Thu May 13, 2004 6:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-alarmbod+--><div class='quotetop'>(alarmbod)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you have a remote that doesnt work and is 12 months old or less, then it can be replaced under warranty FOC - just give me a call on the helpline and I'll be happy to give you the info on what to do!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hi Chris, welcome to the site!

I'll be giving you a call soon as one of my remotes has all but packed up already, having only been on the car a few months. Speak to you soon! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers, Ben
BenW

by Leigh » Fri May 14, 2004 12:29 am

Ah sorry Chris, thought you'd made the post mid morning and the timezone was out by hours... nice to see another addict posting after midnight....!

I don't really want a siren as such, I was hoping to find something along the lines of an electronic sounder, but I guess finding one loud enough to make it worthwhile might be a problem.
hmm,, wonder how loud the 'lights on doors open' buzzer would sound if it was inside the glovebox area next to the wing, or inside the bonnet area. It's reasonably loud when it goes off in the car..
Leigh

PreviousNext