system 90 alarm help!!

Any electrical issues

by Mark16v93 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:27 pm

Had this alarm working perfectly on my car since 96,and I think trying to start the car on a pretty flat battery has buggered it up.
Does anyone know if these alarms can be repaired or are even still available,the helpline is/was permanently dead.
ANY help would be welcome.
cheers,mark
Mark16v93

by alarmbod » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:40 pm

System 90 is the name for a large group of security products from the Vauxhall accessory range. Have you got the OE alarm remote upgrade, a 902, etc... I work on the helpline so will be able to help you.
BTW, the alarm helpline number is 02476 375999 (for future reference) [img]/wink.gif[/img]

Trying to start the car with a flat battery wont bugger the things up - jump starting the car can though!
alarmbod

by Mark16v93 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm

Cheers alarmbod,
Glad to know there is still a helpline,the number i had was 01926408208:now dead!
It IS a 902 and i was wondering if it could be repaired or a new one bought? (vauxhall dealers have been no help whatsoever).
I tried to start the car on a low battery and the solenoid just clicked in and out,think this caused some heavy back voltage which has wiped part of the alarm out,when it WAS working,it was spot on,together with a couple of of my own security mods to stop thieving gits [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
Mark16v93

by alarmbod » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:55 pm

We did have a recorded message on that phone number for a couple of years, guess BT decided to close it down, cus I've not seen any letters from them asking for money for a long time!
First thing to check is to turn the ignition on, flick the switch on the dash into the 'auto' mode, turn ignition off, then open & close the drivers door. See if the alarm goes into a countdown and arms up on its own. If it doesnt, then you want to be having a look at the fuse in the red wire on the ten pin connector going to the main control unit behind the dash (if you dont know where it is pm me & i'll tell you)
If the fuse is ok, then just turn the ignition on, and see if pressing the alarm remote does anything then - if it does, then its a problem with the PSU inside the alarm - fatal Im afraid, but I can probably sort something out [img]/wink.gif[/img] The alarm has now been deleted by Vauxhall, so you wont have much luck at the dealers!
alarmbod

by Mark16v93 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:35 pm

Thanks for the help,
Ive checked both incoming lives (switched & permanent) and the earth is good,i have done the auto test you suggest too,and straight forward arming,but it is just dead.
Can i just ask for alarmbod when i phone the helpline? [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers
Mark
Mark16v93

Removal of Posts

by alarmbod » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:21 pm

I've sent you a PM Mark [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by Mark16v93 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:27 am

Cheers fella,sent one back :wink:
Mark16v93

by Mark16v93 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:34 pm