Help! drained battery and now car has gone mental!

Any electrical issues

by dazjb » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:15 pm

Hi,

First of all sorry for posting this in General Forum as I need help quick and it may get answered more promptly here ...

I removed the lights buzzer a few days ago as it's one of those real horrible sounding ones and now I've paid the price for it.

At 10:30am today I left my car lights on by accident and didnt return to the car until 6:30pm, obviously everything was dead. Manually opened the drivers door, flipped the bonnet and got a jump start from somebody. As soon as we connected the jump leads the alarm goes off for a while and the usual indicators blinking on the outside, then the alarm goes off, indicators keep blinking.

I then try to the start the car and nothing happens, dash lights up but will not even try to turn over, also central locking does not work therefore boot and drivers door will not open. The red alarm light on the roof inside the car also keeps flashing, I just cant seem to reset the alarm!

Is it because the battery is so low the car is sensing a voltage drop, is this how the Calibra alarm works?

Would it help if I fully charged up the battery or have I got major problems with my alarm?

Could anyone please help me with this as its got me stumped. And I really need my car up and running again.

Thanks
dazjb

Help! drained battery and now car has gone mental!

by BazV6er » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:25 pm

daz have you tried overiding the alarm with the key to turn the alarm off?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Dan Willis » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:38 pm

You've pretty much answered your own question - there simply isn't enough juice and it's tripping the system. Seen it myself. Get a charged battery in there.
Dan
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by dazjb » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:39 pm

You mean on the drivers door? The central locking will not work at all so it has no effect on the alarm. I think the battery is so flat that jump starting it is just not putting enough power into it so the alarm keeps going off. Hopefully (fingers crossed) removing & fully charging the battery will bring everything back to life again and I can then use the key in the door to turn the alarm off and get the car started.

Thanks for the advice mate.
dazjb

by dazjb » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:41 pm

Thanks for the reassurance willisit, a charged battery will be in there tomorrow. Hopefully that will put an end to it.

Cheers
dazjb

by dazjb » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:35 pm

Nope that hasnt worked. Ive fully charged my battery and even tried somebody else battery that I know is fully charge and working but the problem is still there.

As soon as I connect the battery the indicators start flashing, ive pulled one wire from the horn as it keeps going off and annoying the neighbours.

Central locking still doesnt work, only way I can get into the car is manually from the drivers door and engine will still not turn over. I can hear a clicking sound from the glovebox, i presume this is the relay for the blinking indicators?!?

Is there anyway I can overide or reset the alarm to stop this?? It still thinks its being nicked!

Pleeease help anybody, this is doing my head in!
dazjb

by dazjb » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:17 pm

Just had a thought. Can anybody confirm whether the central locking should work even though the alarm has been triggered? If it should then maybe I should be looking for a central locking fault first of all!!
dazjb

by Rusty_CallyT » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:24 pm

have you checked the fuses?
Rusty_CallyT

by dazjb » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rusty_CallyT+--><div class='quotetop'>(Rusty_CallyT)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->have you checked the fuses?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Will be checking them tomorrow mate. Hope it is something as simple as that, never experienced a problem like this before & just hope I can sort it out myself...fingers crossed!
dazjb

De-locked handle

by dazjb » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:36 am

Sorted!!

Can you believe it, it was the central locking fuse that had blown. I've been stranded without a car for 2 days and had time off work when all I had to do was change a bloody fuse ... Doh!

Serves me right for not checking the obvious things first eh!

Thanks for all the help

Cheers
dazjb