ignition amplifier module

Any electrical issues

by Naz » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:49 pm

If you look behind the coil on the calibra, there is a small square black plastic module. This is the amplifier for the coil.

I had a problem with mine a little while ago and had to replace the connector. Its a 4-pin connector. BUt couldn;t get hold of the connector, so i put little spade connectors at the end of the cables. But didn;t lable them . Today the wires came off and i don;t know where they go.

I need your urgent help please guys.
If you unplug the connector from the module, there is only 3 wires that go to it, one is brown, one is solide black and one is back with red trace.

I need to know which pins of the module they connect to, startiong from right to left if you looking from the front of the car. can some one please do me a massive favour and have a look.

CHeers guys
Naz

by LewJamBen » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:28 pm

Brown, black, Black/red.
LewJamBen

by Naz » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:25 pm

cheers mate
Naz

by Naz » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:20 pm

Jst had a look atr the car, but there are 4 pins on the connector and only 3 pins.

Any chance you can tell me which one of the pins is left unconnected?
And also the coloring you said, is that from left to right or from roght to left? Can you please indicate which side of the connector, closer to the engine or closer to the wing, the colors start from?

Thanks
Naz